Sign in to follow this  

Is a 2006 yz 250f a green sticker?

Is a 2006 yz 250f a green or red sticker? I found one near me and I was curious what sticker it would have?

I don't have much of a clue about cali but from what i have read anything after the early 2000 year is red.

If I'm wrong consider it a bump

It's not green, too much noise and pollution problems, only technically for closed course use. The wr 250f is basically the same bike but gets the green sticker then u can pay 50 bucks and buy the kit to turn it into the yz more or less

Red sticker.  2002 was the last year of the green sticker YZ's.  If you have to have a green sticker I suggest you go with a WR250 or a CRF250X or a KTM.

• Like 1

It's not green, too much noise and pollution problems, only technically for closed course use. The wr 250f is basically the same bike but gets the green sticker then u can pay 50 bucks and buy the kit to turn it into the yz more or less

Wow is that wrong

The motor and the suspension are completely different are would require about $1500 to get about 70% of the way there.

Any bike with a number plate and not a headlight, from 2003 on, is RED sticker.

Motocross bikes 2003+ RED :devil: , Motocross bikes 2002- GREEN :D  Enduros are usually still GREEN :D

Wow is that wrong

The motor and the suspension are completely different are would require about $1500 to get about 70% of the way there.

Any bike with a number plate and not a headlight, from 2003 on, is RED sticker.

I was referring to the aftermarket gytr kit that I do not know the exact price of without looking up but I assure you it's at most 150 bucks. It's the one that has the shorter throttle stop screw, modified and plugged up ais system, different jets for the carb, remove some of the choked up silencer parts etc... But u are right the more will always lug lower on the wr and the suspension will be softer and it will be heavier for various other reasons, kick stand, headlight taillight, computer and electric start etc, but they are built on the same frame n everything just depends what your going for

I was referring to the aftermarket gytr kit that I do not know the exact price of without looking up but I assure you it's at most 150 bucks. It's the one that has the shorter throttle stop screw, modified and plugged up ais system, different jets for the carb, remove some of the choked up silencer parts etc... But u are right the more will always lug lower on the wr and the suspension will be softer and it will be heavier for various other reasons, kick stand, headlight taillight, computer and electric start etc, but they are built on the same frame n everything just depends what your going for

Still 100% wrong!

They don't even share the same frame, they just look the same!

Carb

Head

Exhaust cam

Intake cam

Crank

Both inner cases

Stator flywheel

Header

Pipe

Shock

Forks

CDI

Harness

Subframe

Seat

Tank

Shrouds

...and about 45 other parts...

...are different on the YZ

Edited by TheKoolAidMadeMeSick
  • Like 1

Just be an out of state &%$#@! like me! Long as I still carry that old Illinois drives license I have all green sticker bikes.