Sign in to follow this  

ttr 125 bored and jetted. cuts out/dies at almost top end

So I just purchased a 2005 ttr 125 with a broken hub and a gummed up carb (hadn't ran in a year or so). I decided to overhaul the bike. I put a bbr 150 kit in it including the high performance cam. I also put the 6 sigma jet kit in it with the size 112 main jet (kit also included 107which I have not tried). Too, with this kit, I installed the two metal shims on the throttle needle to raise the needle (kit included two metal shims and one optional nylon spacer). I put I hight flow, uni air intake, and an fmf power core exhaust on the bike. Now, to my surprise, the bike fired second kick after all this work, and runs great apart from very high rpm. I took the bike on a trail down my street and had a blast on it... on the way home I decided to really let her eat. What I discovered was that when I approached top rpm the bike seemed to just stop combustion. It cut out and was not responsive until I either shifted, or slowed down to lesser rpm.... im stumped. Suggestions?

Another question, any one know the stock tooth count on the rear sprocket? I am out of town, but would love to order a new rear for a little more wheelie torque. Thanks.

Im hoping that you are right on the main jetting. I want to say its not the rev limiter as I have hit many revs on my past bike and they never go dead like this. I am away from home for a few days so I just want to come home loaded with knowledge. As soon as I get home wednesday I will swap that main jet. Thanks a lot.

Another question, any one know the stock tooth count on the rear sprocket? I am out of town, but would love to order a new rear for a little more wheelie torque. Thanks.

Do a Google search. The TTR125 and 125L will be different.