Best trail riding boots.

I have rode bikes and atvs for most my life, wearing normal work boots to ride in. I am looking for everyone's opinion on the best riding boot for trail and mountain riding. Price is always a factor, but so is comfort, protection, and functionality! Thanks for your time.

Well when it comes to mx you don't get two birds in one hand.

If you want a good boot. 300 or more.

Any gaerne boot is by far the most comfortable boot you will ever put your foot in.

I wear sg12s quite pricey but will save your ankles and job.

Dual pivot system will keep that shattered ankle from happening. Canoe you shin with still leg support and no hyper extension.

Really gaerne I'm tried and true to after multiple spills accidents and comfot. The padding is insane inside. .

May be expensive boots but they do give you quality parts for fairly cheap

• Like 3

Alpinestar tech 3 is what I bought last year for 250 on rocky mountain atv and they are amazing, comfy rock solid and once broke in you can shift n brake no problem and walk around easy too when u need to

Tech 3 and most other boots offer no toe protection. Broke two toes last summer in tech 3s. In the garbage they went with SG10 as the replacement. They have toe protection - look at the sides where the plastic covers the toes - few other boots offer this protection at this price. $305 at extreme supply.

SIDI Crossfire with Enduro Sole. I like the comfort/fit at the level of protection they provide. Having Enduro style sole is important for me on trail/enduro riding. I haven't tried SG-10/11. I have tried the A-Star Tech3 ATV, which have off road tread pattern, and didn't like the fit compared to the SIDI, and they didn't seem as protective. The SIDI Discovery are also very comfortable/practical trail boots (they are water proof), but don't offer the protection that the Crossfire do.

Edited by cynicryder

Tech 3 and most other boots offer no toe protection. Broke two toes last summer in tech 3s. In the garbage they went with SG10 as the replacement. They have toe protection - look at the sides where the plastic covers the toes - few other boots offer this protection at this price. $305 at extreme supply.

Same thing happened to me about six weeks ago. Tree vs foot... Tree won. Broke two toes. Went on search for something that didn't look like a tennis shoe. Settled on Gaerne because of the plastic armor on the outside toes. By the way the tree was not hurt at all. Love my gaerne boots but have not tested them on a tree yet. Gonna try not to though.

Whatever you can afford will do the job well because when you're riding in the woods no one can see the name on the side.

there is definitely a big difference in the level of protection offered by different boots.

that's true even among boots with the same name on the side. my gaerne SG10s offer significantly better protection than my old gaerne GX-1s (and are more comfortable to boot).

tech 7s offer way more protection than tech 3s.

etc. etc.

Edited by LittleRedToyota

And the sg12s offer the best.

You can walk in them great Armour not super heavy good boot out of the box and amazingly comfortable.

Any gaerne boot is a good boot.

Take the gaerne advice and ride smart.

But don't let a boot stop you from riding. If you can't afford a really nice protecting boot.

Get a low level boot that will at least offer you more protection then a work boot and save up.

Just remember broken toes broken ankles and cored shins suck.

But don't let a boot stop you from riding. If you can't afford a really nice protecting boot.

Get a low level boot that will at least offer you more protection then a work boot and save up.

Just remember broken toes broken ankles and cored shins suck.

Yup, I'm going on season 3 with my $90 Fly boots. They work and protect just as well as anything.

I put a pipe and silencer on my bike with the money I would have spent going towards a $400 boot.

Not once have I noticed a need for anything more.

• Like 1

I really like my Fox Forma Comp 5's, easy break in, easy to walk in. They may have "sold out" with their clothing line but they still make decent gear IMO.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/fox-racing-comp-5-undertow-boots

That being said if i were riding higher mileage I'd be going Sidi....

Edited by Arctic Pride
  • Like 1

yeah, I'm not sure I would skimp on a boot or a helmet in order to buy a add-on part for my bike. medical bills are really expensive, these days, and even with insurance, the co-pay for visiting the emergency room might be more than the difference between a cheap boot and a good boot. 

• Like 1

yeah, I'm not sure I would skimp on a boot or a helmet in order to buy a add-on part for my bike. medical bills are really expensive, these days, and even with insurance, the co-pay for visiting the emergency room might be more than the difference between a cheap boot and a good boot.

Oh and it is too.

But I'm true to gaerne and am fortunate enough to be able to afford things that are of quality.

But not everyone is so fortunate or has bills as well.

And like I have said before any boot is better then none.

But the stories you hear. Can and most likely would have been prevented with a gaerne boot.

Italian made.

Also the dual ankle pivot system saved my ankles today.

Cased a kicker and couldn't get my foot off the balls on the pegs. The pivot system only allows movement needed to walk. And locks if it is bent too far.

And saved my ankle.

Also bends as the shin so much to make it easier.

Hard plastics to provide sturdy protection high quality light weight and sooo much comfortable padding.