Sign in to follow this  

hour meters

where do you guys put your hour meters?I was thinking on the frame just behind the steering stem.Do you screw them into the frame?I was thinking of cable ties.

No most of them come with sticky backs so it'll just stick up under the handlebars ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401677522.996340.jpg

On my 2012 450 I also put it behind the steering stem only using the sticky backed tape and no problems after almost 40 hours.ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401706848.203329.jpg

I have double sided taped mine onto the ecu at the front of the bike behind the number board. Stops it getting muddy and getting blasted by the jetwash. I ran the cable for it along side the original loom

I bought this Works Connection hour meter and bracket combo so I wouldnt have to worry so much about the thing falling off like my last one did.

37-100_with_mount.jpg

I bought this Works Connection hour meter and bracket combo so I wouldnt have to worry so much about the thing falling off like my last one did.

37-100_with_mount.jpg

Ditto here

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1402279177.855860.jpg

I cut my bar pad out and put mine in there,pretty good if your meter also shows rev's.

what are you guys using to keep the wire around the coil wire?I was thinking tape but can see that coming off,maybe some cable ties?

I used a cable tie and some black silicone to help hold it in place as well as to keep water off the end of the wire.

I wrapped the hour meter wire around the spark plug wire 7 or 8 times then zip tied it tight. Dropped a drop or two of blue Loctite at the end of the cable to close it up.

placed it on the left frame rail in front on the tank,used the sticky tape and hope it stays.I tried to fab a bracket like the works connection but failed miserably,think I may order one as I left enough wire for it to reach.Did you meter come in the package running?Mine had 0 hours but the battery was engaged,no big deal but was wondering about battery life as it may have been sitting for god knows how long.I liked the spot just behind the front plate but my meter was a bit too big for it.

Edited by etuke