Sign in to follow this  

dirt in intake ... HELP!

yesterday i took the bike out for a ride and washed it with a pressure washer after . Put the exhaust plug and took out air filter and put a towel in the box before i washed it . today i started it up and white smoke was coming out of the intake i think. What did i do !!!

Sounds like there is more to it. The steps you took to prevent water damage were great. If you are having any kind of smoke or air movement moving through your airbox then I want to say your intake valve is not closing properly. Then again, if you have a two stroke, I suppose that would be a reed not moving properly. Could you give more details on bike type, recent work, history on performance etc.

yesterday i took the bike out for a ride and washed it with a pressure washer after . Put the exhaust plug and took out air filter and put a towel in the box before i washed it . today i started it up and white smoke was coming out of the intake i think. What did i do !!!

Hard to help you when you are not even sure of what is going on

Doesn't seem to me like a towel would hold back the deluge from a pressure washer getting into the carb throat.

Well I have to assume he or she is a smart person and wouldn't blast water at said towel??

Ya I didn't spray near the exhaust or the airbox. Its a ttr 125 and it was working fine the day before it happened.