Sign in to follow this  

2015 wr250f

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Automotive/Motorbikes/Motorbikes-For-Sale-/YAMAHA/WR250F/2012-YAMAHA-WR250F-250CC-08/Brunswick/VIC/AdNumber=D762202294229

Was searching to see if there will be a 2015 wr250f. Aussie mag shows one and I saw the above ad but with sale description of a 2012. Anyways,I hope they produce a wr250f. The yz250f is a great platform for an enduro 250f.

That looks like a bunch of BS that has been floating around the Internet since the time just before the 2012 WR-450F was introduced.

Notice that bike didn't end up having the reverse engine, did it?

In fact, that pic is of a YZ-450F with some decorations added to it.

Wow what a joke.. if I lived down under I'd be calling that dealer and trolling the shit out of them.

There are some rumors out there that there will be a YZF-based WR250F for 2015. However, it was also noted that the backwards engine is not compatible with an e-start, so it might be more like the 2012+ WR450, with the new frame & suspension and EFI, but on the old engine.

Exactly (the BS and joke). Yamaha released the 2015 YZ and YZF info, but no news on the WR lineup. It'd sure be nice if their WRF bikes shook things up like the 2014 YZ250F did.

I wasn't implying that was the 15 wr250f- but pics like that pop up on Google. Also,the Australian mag said that a wr250f based on the current yz250f is in the works. Thought someone would know more by now. Guess its just another rumour

However, it was also noted that the backwards engine is not compatible with an e-start.. 

Interesting.  Anybody got an explanation for that?

Interesting.  Anybody got an explanation for that?

No, and now I think wherever I read/heard that is full of it, as it looks like the 2015 YZF450 will have an e-start. And it already has the backwards motor, so one would assume any YZF-based WR could as well.

...it looks like the 2015 YZF450 will have an e-start. And it already has the backwards motor, so one would assume any YZF-based WR could as well.

Where are you getting that from?