Sign in to follow this  

2013 CRF450R air fork

My 2013 CRF450R seems to be losing air pressure in the forks. Anyone run into this problem before? Is it possible it could be bleeding off while I have it tied down since I don't have a fork saver at this time?

When was the last time ther forks were serviced?...might be time for seals bushings and oil.

The bikes only got about 20 hours on it. And they haven't been hard hours. I wouldn't think they need to be gone through yet would they?

Your right!

Are you loosing pressure quickly or over time..say a week or so...set the pressure and see how quickly it bleeds off each fork.

If it bleed pressure quickly you could submerge the fork in a water bath see if it's the slider seals or maybe the schrader valve seals, cap o-ring.

maybe compress the fork with a ratchet tie down or up the pressure before checking.

It was a pretty quick leak. I loaded up in my truck then put it in my buddy's truck to go to the race an hour away. It was fine coming off my truck but at the track the front was sitting low. Lost about 20 psi in the left fork and 10 psi in the right. Put air in them and by the time I got home the left had lost 10 psi again. I'll go ahead and take them off and try them in the bath and see what happens. Any chance I pinched the air bladder?

No bladder .. It's essentially a cc kyb fork without a main spring and an ics.

I've seen a few loose small amounts of pressure after a service due to pressure "equalising" inside the fork( into the rebound adjuster rod etc) but not amounts around 10-20 psi, check fork cap for leaks but it's most likely seal related ...

Sent from my iPhone using Thumper Talk

I would pull the valve stem and make sure it looks good, or just replace for peace of mind.