Sign in to follow this  

Best Natural color desert tank?

I'm looking to replace my 2001 650R red desert tank with a natural color or clear tank so I can easily see my fuel level.  What are my choices, Acerbis, IMS, Clark...... any others.  I have heard a lot of bad fit and finish issues with the Clark tank, is this true?  I like the idea of having two petcock valves and I believe Acerbis has that.  Can you install a second valve on a tank that only has one?  I have also heard that with some oversized tanks you must remove the air scoops for you radiators and cant have radiator braces either........cooling issues???  True or not ? 

Thanks for any input or leads on other ideas.

I'm looking to replace my 2001 650R red desert tank with a natural color or clear tank so I can easily see my fuel level.  What are my choices, Acerbis, IMS, Clark...... any others.  I have heard a lot of bad fit and finish issues with the Clark tank, is this true?  I like the idea of having two petcock valves and I believe Acerbis has that.  Can you install a second valve on a tank that only has one?  I have also heard that with some oversized tanks you must remove the air scoops for you radiators and cant have radiator braces either........cooling issues???  True or not ? 

Thanks for any input or leads on other ideas.

Not sure if applicable to R, but I have the IMS tank for my L. I like the natural color; it does discolor a bit from fuel, but still easy to see fuel level. I did have to remove cooling fins, but the tank shape seems to replace the air dam functionality. Fit was pretty easy. I think mine only has one valve capability; I figured I could always slosh it over if I got that low! 5G capacity is great. It was more expensive than Clark, but I liked the appearance better. I'd buy it again.