Sign in to follow this  

2012 TTR 230 overheating and dying

So I have a 2012 TTR 230 that is overheating just driving down to mail box and back. while out trail riding ill get about 30 min or so till it overheats to the point of dying. funny thing is it takes a min to warm up for first start of day and usually dies upon giving it gas. If I ride half choke everything is fine. ive check and cleaned the carb, jets, air filter and changed spark plug and oil. im starting to wonder if maybe its the air fuel screw but im not sure how to adjust that. any ideas :confused:  :excuseme:

Don't what's exactly Goin on but to get to the pilot mix screw u have to remove the plug by drilling a hole and putting a screw in it and pull it out

U might want to change ur pilot jet to a #38 and ur main to a #130 and adjust the pilot mix

U might want to change ur pilot jet to a #38 and ur main to a #130 and adjust the pilot mix

what would that do? and how should I adjust the mix screw? like I said ive never done this kind of work before. engine yes carb no lol thanks for the help

Disregard the jet changing, was meant for someone else. ..u have to remove the plug in this pic

1401733886385.jpg

Disregard the jet changing, was meant for someone else. ..u have to remove the plug in this pic

awesome do you think getting the bigger jets will help open it a little as well or would it be a waste im just doing this for trail riding not racing

It will definitely open it up...There not expensive and it's well worth it

Edited by dirtbreed

it is running too lean...

you should rejet to bigger jets and up the idle jet

you will burn the motor up real quick

also put stock air filter back in that will cause it to be less lean but hard to start

m