Sign in to follow this  

Just bought an 04 KX250F

I just picked up a pretty dang clean 04 KX250F for what i think is a really good price expecially in my area, I got it for $1400.

It's basically all stock except the spark arrestor, and a pro circuit water pump oil filter cover, and pro taper bars.  Bike starts and runs great but seems a little more low end power,  so my reason for posting is what would be recommended mod wise(pipe and gearing) and what are some issues to look for or watch out for?

kx1.jpg

kx2.jpg

kx3.jpg

First I would tear that engine apart and look at piston and cylinder to determine the shape of the engine. Then of course check all bearings. Make sure everything is in good shape before u start throwing money into parts then have the motor blow up on u now u cant ride ay all

The exhaust valves were done last year its only been trail ridden ever (5 times in the last year) but I do plan on taking it in and having my local shop looking it over. So far I like the bike I came off an 01 CR250R and this bike feels like a tame little kitten compared to that, but I was getting tired of having to mix gas, go through a ton of gas, and I wasn't using the bike for its intended purpose (I mainly ride trails).  It's taking some time to get used to the difference in power feel and how usable the power is.

I should also add this is my first green bike, I've always been a ride red guy. For how inexpensive this bike was I figured it couldn't hurt to give team green a try.

Got a factory connection rear spring for my weight and height put it on tonight and holy cow it makes a world of a difference, I've never had a bike with suspension set up for just me its so nice, it makes me wonder why I've never done it before.