Sign in to follow this  

New here to TT.

Hey all,

I'm a new poster from CO. I was a sportbike junkie for a long time, but after I totalled the last one (walked away, no injuries), I decided it was time for a change of pace.

Old ride:

rDzBqX0.jpg

New ride:

v7laDmO.jpg

First time I've ever bought a bike off the factory floor, and it was oddly satisfying. I've been getting into offroading more and more, but a fair number of my friends aren't as big on riding as I am.

So, any questions I'd be happy to answer.

• Like 4

Awesome welcome to TT . I also quit riding pavement after a bad crash at about 140 mph. 136 i think last time i looked at the dial but anyway it didn't end well. Dirt is more fun anyway with a lot better scenery , nice kawi  :ride:

• Like 1

Awesome welcome to TT . I also quit riding pavement after a bad crash at about 140 mph. 136 i think last time i looked at the dial but anyway it didn't end well. Dirt is more fun anyway with a lot better scenery , nice kawi  :ride:

I'm really curious to hear the story on this one.

Why the 250?

Some peer pressure, and wanting something that'd be really good offroad. It's light enough I can handle it (I'm not a very big guy), but still has enough power I can kinda keep up with highway traffic if I need to. It was a good deal, and I was in a better position to buy a new bike than to buy a used one.

Edit: "Some peer pressure" = my friend had one, and talked me into it.

Edited by hubbazoot
  • Like 3

Some peer pressure, and wanting something that'd be really good offroad. It's light enough I can handle it (I'm not a very big guy), but still has enough power I can kinda keep up with highway traffic if I need to. It was a good deal, and I was in a better position to buy a new bike than to buy a used one.

Welcome to TT

Nice Bike!  :thumbsup:

Be safe and don't get crazy. Looks like an excellent bike to ride trails on.

Is this your only means of transportation?

:devil:

• Like 1

Should of got a Honda instead, ya lemming!

Welcome to TT

Nice Bike!  :thumbsup:

Be safe and don't get crazy. Looks like an excellent bike to ride trails on.

Is this your only means of transportation?

:devil:

I have a truck, too, but if it's not going to snow on me, I'm on two wheels.

Should of got a Honda instead, ya lemming!

I know the honda has more power because of the F/I (which I dearly miss), but I'm barely tall enough to get on the KLX, and the honda sits another 2" higher, from what I remember seeing :/

Edit: As for HP, I've already done the airbox mod, rejet, and cam. I just need some better headers and exhaust.

Edited by hubbazoot
  • Like 1

Hey all,

I'm a new poster from CO. I was a sportbike junkie for a long time, but after I totalled the last one (walked away, no injuries), I decided it was time for a change of pace.

Old ride:

New ride:

First time I've ever bought a bike off the factory floor, and it was oddly satisfying. I've been getting into offroading more and more, but a fair number of my friends aren't as big on riding as I am.

So, any questions I'd be happy to answer.

Welcome buddy,

R6 looks beautiful in that pic. The KLX's are a solid mount for Dual Sport (road trail riding)

When you've worn out them tires, something more aggressive will make things more fun. Ie: DOT legal knobbies.

Just ignore Honda Power as he is a Knob Gobbler.

Edited by BushPig
  • Like 3

I have a truck, too, but if it's not going to snow on me, I'm on two wheels.

I know the honda has more power because of the F/I (which I dearly miss), but I'm barely tall enough to get on the KLX, and the honda sits another 2" higher, from what I remember seeing :/

Edit: As for HP, I've already done the airbox mod, rejet, and cam. I just need some better headers and exhaust.

Honestly dude..... you should of bought a 2 stroke instead, you're missing out buddy if you've never felt the 'powerband' before.  Better then orgasm.

Welcome buddy,

R6 looks beautiful in that pic. The KLX's are a solid mount for Dual Sport (road trail riding)

When you've worn out them tires, something more aggressive will make things more fun. Ie: DOT legal knobbies.

Just ignore Honda Power as he is a Knob Gobbler.

Tires are wearing out quickly, as I'm putting a ton of miles on it, sadly too many street miles.

Sadly, a low-side led to the R6 eating a rail. It wasn't nearly as pretty when I sold it. x36c7H4.jpg

Honestly dude..... you should of bought a 2 stroke instead, you're missing out buddy if you've never felt the 'powerband' before.  Better then orgasm.

I got tons of it with the R6, and I get a TINY bit with the KLX. One of the requirements was that it have decent road manners as it's also my commuter bike.  :excuseme:

• Like 1

I got tons of it with the R6, and I get a TINY bit with the KLX. One of the requirements was that it have decent road manners as it's also my commuter bike.  :excuseme:

Ahhh.... I see, you haven't felt the wrath of a 2 stroker powerband yet young grasshopper. 

Edited by Honda_Power

Tires are wearing out quickly, as I'm putting a ton of miles on it, sadly too many street miles.

Sadly, a low-side led to the R6 eating a rail. It wasn't nearly as pretty when I sold it. 

I got tons of it with the R6, and I get a TINY bit with the KLX. One of the requirements was that it have decent road manners as it's also my commuter bike.   :excuseme:

Brings a tear to the eye. Thats not right. :(

Hopefully one day. I want a bike that'll do a power wheelie. Clutch-popping at altitude isn't as nearly as satisfying.

Haha don't get a CR125 then.

• Like 3

Sadly, a low-side led to the R6 eating a rail. It wasn't nearly as pretty when I sold it. x36c7H4.jpg

Could have finished knocking the fairings off added a nice UFO plastics kit with decals and dirt tires  :thumbsup:

brutus-suv-motorcycle-2.jpg

Hopefully one day. I want a bike that'll do a power wheelie. Clutch-popping at altitude isn't as nearly as satisfying.

You seriously haven't felt the wrath of a 2 stroke powerband before?  You're missing out man.... when it hits the 'pipe', it's like a turbo that pulls you!

Way different beast compared to your heavy tanker 4 strokes.

Edited by Honda_Power