Sign in to follow this  

cr125, yz125 help

Hello there Im pondering on if I should get a yz125 or a cr125. Im just looking to have a little fun at the motocross tracks and race some local races. Im certainly not tall enough for a full size bike but I dont feel like buying a big wheel 85 then selling it a year later. I want a bike to last. Oh almost forgot to mention Im 5"5 and 120 pounds. Anyways I was talking with this guy about buying his 1997 yz125. It looked like she was in good shape. Then there was another guy selling his 2001  cr125 that needs a piston. But he has a piston and parts for it brand new in the box. He just said the piston was bad and that didnt make sence to me because usually when a pistons bad the top end is too. But performance and race wise I heard the cr125 has no bottom end power at all. Im not sure what to think about the yz. I know they are good bikes. I rid my friends 2001 yz125 but that was a different experience cause his was bored to 144 and was running on 92 octane race fuel. But there might not be too much to compare between a 97 yz125 and 2001. So what bike do you guys think I should get?, I'll be attending quite a few races with my buddys. 2 more things, Whats a safe premix for racin motocross? 32:1 or 40:1 ?. And am I heavy enough to race a yz or cr 125? I just dont wanna get thrown around by a heavy bike. I want to throw It around if you know what I meen. Well If I could get some a your guys thoughts and opinions Id truly be greatful. Thanks for your time(:

Get a yz, run 32:1 with 93 octane. If the crs reasonably cheaper and the guy isnt a skeever then look into it. Crs are good bikes, you just need to improve skill

everytime i have ever looked at a bike that the seller says "just needs (insert random part) " It always needs a whole hell of a lot more , usually needs to be completely torn down and rebuilt.

if it was so easy to fix why didnt they already do it.

everytime i have ever looked at a bike that the seller says "just needs (insert random part) " It always needs a whole hell of a lot more , usually needs to be completely torn down and rebuilt.

if it was so easy to fix why didnt they already do it.

Yeah that is very true, I asked him if the cylinder sleeve was okay and he said yeah. But I might just go with a yz125

• Like 1