Sign in to follow this  

New seat for KLX250S

Hey guys,

I've been pulling some long rides on KLX250S, and my tail's protesting. I stand up a fair chunk when I'm offroad, but I do a fair amount of saddle time, too. Any suggestions for a better seat?

I purchased my 2012 KLX250S with 1900klms on it Aug 20/14 we have put over 650klms on in it 10 days 1/2 doubling my 7 year old son 75% off road..

Our butts are killing us especially mine the stock seats are 6.5" wide at the widest point and are as hard as a freaking brick.

After only 200 - 300klms I couldn't take it any more = I ordered a Corbin seat that is 9.5" wide I thought about saving a lot of money by going with the Seat Concepts but I have had Corbin seats before so decided to go with the best that I know.

http://www.corbin.com/kawasaki/kklx250f.shtml

Can't wait for it to get here...

hey Camp Cook, i'm a BC'er as well (Comox Valley) and just bought a KLX. pretty stoked. please post more when your seat arrives. i'll be curious as to your landed cost and your impressions. it certainly looks awesome.  where are you located?

hey Camp Cook, i'm a BC'er as well (Comox Valley) and just bought a KLX. pretty stoked. please post more when your seat arrives. i'll be curious as to your landed cost and your impressions. it certainly looks awesome.  where are you located?

In case you don't know, taking the airbox lid (or at least the snorkel) off, running a klx300r performance exhaust, and rejetting the carb will net you about 5hp. Cam retiming is also a super easy mod that will make that power more usable. If you want more info, let me know.

I still haven't found an aftermarket seat, but I think the current seat is breaking in. Either that, or I am...

i would love more info thanks. i know there are many mods possible, but i would like to look at the lowest hanging fruit first. whatever is easiest/cheapest and has the most bang for the buck seems wise.  at this point all i'm planning is bars to fit me, handguards, maybe pegs and probably the edge rear light assembly, remove that huge rear fender assembly.  keep it fairly minimal.

I did some protapers, some cycra probends, and then took a saber saw to the rear fender and cut it up to the height of the license plate.

For power, take the snorkel/airbox lid off (depending on how worried you are about dust), do a dynojet kit for the carb, get a KLX300R header (FourStroke Werks makes a bomb header) and an aftermarket muffler.

The cam mod is also awesome, it gives you a ton more low end. http://www.kawasakiforums.com/forum/klx-250s-71/klx-250-300-camshaft-mod-marcelino-35904/

I'd also recommend an adjustable idle jet, it'll help with the low end, as well.

The header/exhaust is the most expensive at about $400, approx. If you really want to go all-out, you can get a blue bill 351cc bore kit for $500. I'm planning on doing this as soon as I can.

Edited by hubbazoot

I'm getting Gutsracing.com seat foam. Tall/soft. My buddy has that on his crf450x dual sport and it's great

I'm in the Fraser Valley.

The Corbin seat finally arrived this week Corbin has a dealer in Ontario that they ship too they then ship to you.

Cost was $440 + tax to my door.

First night was only a 1 hour ride up and around the mtn second night was a 2 hour ride.

WOW is all I can say my butt is not killing me bonus is the seat is one inch lower than the stock seat making it that much easier for my 6' 2" 55 year old legs to get over it.

I totally recommend this seat.

I'll take a pic in the morning and post it.