07x or a new one?

Okay so I'm just moving from my 250R to a 450X. My dad has an 07X with a total of 110 hours. It had a full top and bottom end rebuild with hotrod bearings. This included a new cam 05R, cam housing, cam chain, intake and exhaust valves (SS), piston, HOTROD OEM crankshaft and Conrod. It also has an fmf powercore muffler. It's getting rejetted and opend up airbox. Anyway dad is getting out of riding due to knee ligament damage so I have the opportunity to take over that bike for a no cost trade for my bike. My other thought is getting an 09 up x that's near new and do the mods myself. If I take over dads bike I will be changing the triple clamps to 22mm offset. I'm planning on getting this bike and keeping it a long time so I want to make the right decision on getting a new one or not. What are your thoughts? What else is must do mods for this bike?

Okay so I'm just moving from my 250R to a 450X. My dad has an 07X with a total of 110 hours. It had a full top and bottom end rebuild with hotrod bearings. This included a new cam 05R, cam housing, cam chain, intake and exhaust valves (SS), piston, HOTROD OEM crankshaft and Conrod. It also has an fmf powercore muffler. It's getting rejetted and opend up airbox. Anyway dad is getting out of riding due to knee ligament damage so I have the opportunity to take over that bike for a no cost trade for my bike. My other thought is getting an 09 up x that's near new and do the mods myself. If I take over dads bike I will be changing the triple clamps to 22mm offset. I'm planning on getting this bike and keeping it a long time so I want to make the right decision on getting a new one or not. What are your thoughts? What else is must do mods for this bike?

I think overall, most would sa the biggest bang for the buck would be getting the suspension done and setup correctly for you and the type of riding you do.

After that, it depends on what you want to do with it.   Certainly though, critical to open up the air box a bit and re-jet.

Jim.

While new is always nice, I think the straight trade is pretty hard to pass-up and I don't think new is justifiable. It's a Honda so it's got a lot of life left and it doesn't sound like it's thrashed.

RZ Rob

your dad's 07 sounds like a nice bike --- An 07 has a reasonable size fuel tank -----  Honda took a step backwards in 08 putting the small tank on ,   so thats a plus for the older bike already  (Although a lot of guys go bigger with 3.2 gal tanks and such) 

---- Other than that,  change the triples and they are the same bike  ----   its easy to find 22mm stock  Triples on the bay from an X or even an R model because people like to tinker with their clamps so much 

There are some internal differences to the carbs probably ----  but given the fact that there's so few differences between the bikes, i'd go for the one already hot rodded and save yourself the trouble -----  especially since you know the previous owner quite well  ?

your dad's 07 sounds like a nice bike --- An 07 has a reasonable size fuel tank ----- Honda took a step backwards in 08 putting the small tank on , so thats a plus for the older bike already (Although a lot of guys go bigger with 3.2 gal tanks and such)

---- Other than that, change the triples and they are the same bike ---- its easy to find 22mm stock Triples on the bay from an X or even an R model because people like to tinker with their clamps so much

There are some internal differences to the carbs probably ---- but given the fact that there's so few differences between the bikes, i'd go for the one already hot rodded and save yourself the trouble ----- especially since you know the previous owner quite well ?

any suggestion on where to look for a used/stock one?