Sign in to follow this  

Can't find a front sprocket cover

I have an 07 rm125 and im starting to get a little frustrated. I've been searching around for a front sprocket cover that fits my bike for about a week now and I just can't seem to find one. If anyone has some ideas or knows where to get one that would be great. Thanks.

...and you need one why?...

A case saver for sure, aftermarket is out there for $30 or so. An actual sprocket cover does nothing.

Well I kinda thought a sprocket cover would save my shoe laces from getting caught and my ankle broken....but why get a case saver and not a front sprocket cover

i'd suggest you get real riding boots that don't have shoelaces instead. much better chance of not breaking your ankle that way (from dabbing, falling on a rock, having the bike fall on it, etc.)

also, sprocket covers on dirt bikes tend to pack up with mud and wear your chain, sprocket, countershaft seal, etc. out quicker.)

Edited by LittleRedToyota
  • Like 1

Thanks red...the only reason I haven't gotten real ridding boots is because im trying to sell the bike so I can something like a wr250f so I can ride on roads and trails so unless I need boots for that its just not worth it

Well I kinda thought a sprocket cover would save my shoe laces from getting caught and my ankle broken....but why get a case saver and not a front sprocket cover

Shoe laces, REALLY?

I suggest you not ride in something that has dangling laces. Motorcycle riding boots, period. Boots have nothing to fear from the countershaft sprocket.

The case saver sends a broken chain around the sprocket instead of letting it ball up and wreck the engine case if it breaks. This is basic stuff and even stock bikes have them.

• Like 1

Haha dont judge me sand this is my first bike I've got like 15-20 ridding hours on it and if I had a pair of motorcycle boots I would wear them.

Not judging. Just saying that ankles and feet aren't easy to replace. Boots can be had cheap on ebay if nothing else and are second only to wearing a helmet. Don't wreck your feet by being a cheap bastard.

• Like 1

So, is the one I found satisfactory?  Or have you been talked out of making your bike complete?

Yes I think what you found will do quite well. I'd like to make the bike as complete and safe as possible for myself and whoever im going to sell it to. If it get gunned up that not really a big deal seeing that you can clean in about 5 minutes so thank you for your help bill. Also I think im definitely going to look into some used boots for riding.