KTM 200 xc

Hey everyone. The last time I posted here I was wanting a WR250, but things came up and a dirtbike was not possible. Now things have changed and I have done some research and I think a KTM 200 would be a good choice, but was wanting some more input. I am about 5'9" and weigh about 190. Thanks everyone in advance for the help.

Matt

• Like 1

Hey everyone. The last time I posted here I was wanting a WR250, but things came up and a dirtbike was not possible. Now things have changed and I have done some research and I think a KTM 200 would be a good choice, but was wanting some more input. I am about 5'9" and weigh about 190. Thanks everyone in advance for the help.

Matt

I'm not selling mine.

It doesn't do anything wrong, although some bikes do some things better. Its a real versatile machine, best suited to tight trails and where lightness comes into its own.

I purchased a new 200xc is 06.  I sold all my others bikes and kept it.  I.e. XR250, CR125.  They were goods bikes but the KTM is the best. I am on it most weekends in the summer.  They are very strong and will hang with anything in eastern woods. You cannot do better than one of those.  

I think I will get a 200. Now should I get the XC model or the XCW. I will most definitely be buying used as I can't afford anything new.

Will you be racing, riding track?

Or just slow trails as well as connecting roads at any pace?

If you ride track or race, the XC might be better. For trail riding the XCW has a granny gear first and a tall sixth. Very helpful for technical riding as well as connecting sections.

The XC also has different forks and it shares updates with the sx model. Which means that for the xc its update years should be 2006, 2008 and 2010. The xc-w will have different update years so you'll want to look at that.

• Like 1

I will be just riding trails and maybe in a couple years when I get better I might race a hare scramble but that will be it. I think I will just try to find whatever is the best deal and in the best condition. I think either bike would be just fine for me