Mulholland again, rider OK bike not so much

Lucky! All around lucky! That model of honda has the cat behind the radiator instead of under the engine where his legs were pinned. Had that car made it over the subframe he would have been in real trouble. Wow!

• Like 1

Couple things, why didn't the driver shut off the engine (he wasn't traumatized) and why didn't some one think to use the car's scissor jack.

edit: Was the car driver's reaction correct?  Would you swing wide to avoid or aim for the bike and brake hard cuz it will have slide by when you get there.  

Much can be learned from accidents, I for one don't like repeats.

Howdy robb5 -

Edited by 38super
  • Like 1

A track day is a lot cheaper than a beheading.

I just don't understand the need to drag knee (poorly with bad form) on the street. Rear stepped out which is 100% rider input.

Agree, take that crap to the track.

what a bunch of meat head novices.i dont understand this spot in the road.  its like someone is dumping oil all over that turn  i feel ive been in way worser turns and never had an issue like we see too often at this spot. and its just a death trap for people bikes and cars alike.  I guess people have too much money and want to push themselves (which they clearly suck at doing) and dont mind replacing vehicles but you cant replace your life so why mess around on a road like this, especially one thats known for this.  i wouldnt want to become part of that statistic!   ive never downed a bike on street in my 10 years of riding and i hope i never do.  dirt is another story entirely haha

Edited by ukele6

what a bunch of meat head novices.i dont understand this spot in the road.  its like someone is dumping oil all over that turn  i feel ive been in way worser turns and never had an issue like we see too often at this spot. and its just a death trap for people bikes and cars alike.  I guess people have too much money and want to push themselves (which they clearly suck at doing) and dont mind replacing vehicles but you cant replace your life so why mess around on a road like this, especially one thats known for this.  i wouldnt want to become part of that statistic!   ive never downed a bike on street in my 10 years of riding and i hope i never do.  dirt is another story entirely haha

I agree about that spot, why push your luck on a corner that is notorious for fallen riders, cops, people walking all over, paparazzi with an itch to make themselves famous with a shot of someone biting it hard. There are so many other places to push it AKA race track but whatever...I'm not one to talk. I've been known to push my luck over the last 30ish years of riding and have been down the rabbit hole once or twice.

But your other statement...There are only 2 kinds of riders, those who have been down and those who are about to! 

• Like 1