Sign in to follow this  

Options for levers

I have a 2007 CRF150f that my girlfriend is learning to ride. I've noticed that in order for her to reach the clutch lever to pull it in she has to take her entire palm off the bar leaving only her thumb hooked on the grip.

I've adjusted the clutch actuation point much closer to the bar, but a reduced reach lever would be a much better solution and I'm wondering if you guys have any product suggestions. I'd like a pair of reduced reach levers that retain the stock perches, as I imagine her break hand has the same issue.

We stuck a few small washers on the cable between the perch and lever to keep the handle closer to the bar.  You can cut a slot in the washer with side cutters and then squeeze it shut after you get it on the cable.

I've gone through a number of clutch levers and like this one the best.

Amazon sells:

"ASV Inventions CBF15 F1 Silver Shorty Standard Perch Clutch Lever "

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004TL61WC/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

It comes with a perch, which are easy to install. Then you have a spare incase someone drops it.

I'm sure that they have brake side as well

Edited by pat22043

We stuck a few small washers on the cable between the perch and lever to keep the handle closer to the bar.  You can cut a slot in the washer with side cutters and then squeeze it shut after you get it on the cable.

Good fix. Aluminum washers for pop rivets are easier to cut.

Some aftermarket levers have adjustment for return position.  I have Apico Unbreakable levers on my Trials bike with that feature.

I've just never dealt with lever issues before. My hands are big enough to use the stock ones easily on every bike I've owned.

Washers for spacing is definitely something I'll try, but I was actually thinking something similar to the stock levers but more back swept for less reach distance.