Sign in to follow this  

Should I make the switch to 4strokes?

I've rode 2 strokes all my life besides a klx 110 and crf 100 and I'm dying between what new bike I should get!? I just sold my kx 250 and I'm wanting to get a brand new one and my thoughts are to get a yz250, or a 4 stroke weither it's a 250f or 450. I race hare scrambles and do only woods riding, maybe a little track later on tho, so any suggestions would be great! As a little side note I am fairly small only 5,11 and 130lbs but I handle big bikes really great! Thanks for any suggestions

1998 kx 250

~ride or die~

If you're looking at 4-strokes, I've heard the CRF250 is a really solid bike. I really like my KLX250s, and would highly recommend that one. The saddle on the CRF is a tad higher, and the bike is EFI instead of carb'd. A 250 2-stroke will put out significantly more power than a 250 4-stroke, so keep that in mind in your decision making process.

Going from watercooled to aircooled will generally net you about half the effective power, and going from 4-stroke to 2-stroke will net you about twice the effective power. Just rough numbers, but generally a good guideline.

• Like 1