Sign in to follow this  

04 CR250 won't idle

My two stroke won't idle and it looks like the gold screw on the carb is stripped out it looks like ..how do I get her to idle

First of all, pull that carb off. Take apart everything that looks like it moves and blast these parts with carb cleaner and pressurized air. A camera phone is a great tool for this because you can put it back together with confidence. Remove any gunk on bowl and any other parts. Now 're assemble and test bike. If this does not work (needs to be done anyways) then you need to buy an extraction kit for that screw for about $20 at any hardware store. Note that there are two adjustment screws on the outside of the carb. In my case there is one facing away from the bike that is easily found, and another on the opposite side right by the gas line which is your idle screw. That screw is the only one you want to mess with. Generally the other screw is stripped out because it is not supposed to be touched, there for people try to force it out all the time.

Thanks gmart! Yeah the one that looks striped out is the gold one more towards the top of the carb.. I will give it a good cleaning and inspection and mess with the screw next to the gas line only.. I will let u know how that worked out on Friday.. Thanks