What's your biggest maintenance pet peeve on your bike?

Every time I do an oil change, EVERY time, the oil filter cap doesn't want to come loose. I pull and pull and then it suddenly pops free and shoots oil everywhere, usually leaving a trail in the process. On top of that, the cap is positioned above some coolant lines, and oil usually ends up running down the side of the engine and making a huge mess.

What's your biggest pet peeve?

• Like 1

None.  Honda perfected the dirtbike when they released the "CR"........... best damn bike EVER built.

Really, I would have thought your main PP regarding your bike would be it's potential to trigger Epileptic Seizures  :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:   ...or how sometimes if your bike is paused too long it's image gets burned into the screen.....ooh ooh or how sometimes it freezes in mid air just as you're about to land that big triple?

Edited by Fattonz
  • Like 9

None.  Honda perfected the dirtbike when they released the "CR"........... best damn bike EVER built.

Check your history dude!  The CR doesn't exist as a new model anymore, unless you buy one from Service Honda.  If it's the best bike ever build, why did they discontinue it?

I'm on board with you though, that Honda made great two strokes.  Too bad they disregard so much of the offroad market with 4t only production.

Every time I do an oil change, EVERY time, the oil filter cap doesn't want to come loose. I pull and pull and then it suddenly pops free and shoots oil everywhere, usually leaving a trail in the process. On top of that, the cap is positioned above some coolant lines, and oil usually ends up running down the side of the engine and making a huge mess.

What's your biggest pet peeve?

My biggest pet peeve is when something unexpected goes wrong.  I don't mind maintenance at all, I rather enjoy keeping my bike in top shape.

But of all the maintenance tasks, rejetting my carb is my leave favorite.  And I don't know why!!  It only requires removing 4 bolts to take off the seat and gas tank, loosen the circlip on the fuel line, loosen the hose clamps holding the carb to the airbox and intake, then rip out the entire carburetor.  I just hate doing it 4 times a year. 

Wait wait!!!  I just figured which maintenance I hate!!  It's not rejetting my bike, I confused jetting with cleaning out a gummed up carburetor from ETHANOL.  Had to do that recently and was PISSED because of liberal EPA gasoline.  F-them!!!  And Obama!!

• Like 3

maybe try laying the bike over on its side before pulling the filter cap?

(that also allows you to dump some oil in there to help prevent dry start up.)

There's an idea. I think for the oil dripping out I just need to rock the bike back and forth a bit. The filter cap doesn't slide off, it tends to get airborne right when it breaks free.

NO, the best bikes ever have a 6 six speed transmission and built in pie holder, therefor making your Honda an outdated piece o junk

Really, I would have thought your main PP regarding your bike would be it's potential to trigger Epileptic Seizures :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: ...or how sometimes if your bike is paused too long it's image gets burned into the screen.....ooh ooh or how sometimes it freezes in mid air just as you're about to land that big triple?

I swear every thread you trolls make my day with this guy. You forgot also how his bike goes miles and miles and miles without a new piston!
  • Like 1