Sign in to follow this  

Need a new riding jacket.

So, for about 2 years, I had a jacket I really liked. It was a Speed & Strength Hell 'n' Back. I love the style on it, the armor held up well in a spill, and it was great temperature wise from 40 clear up to 90, no problem. A two hour ride through the rain and the only place I got really wet was where the front zipper blew open.

The problem is I destroyed the jacket when I had a spill. Right now, I'm using an old Joe Rocket, and I hate it. It's not terribly waterproof, not warm in the winter, and hot in the summer.

I have no clue what jackets are any good. I was looking at the Icon Patrol, but I have a hard time seeing past the price tag. Another option I was considering was getting the fox racing body armor, and then something else for an abrasion/waterproof layer.

If I could, I'd buy another hell 'n' back, but they were being discontinued when I bought the first one. Anyone have any suggestions for a good riding jacket?

Dude... just get an Ebay body armor, $30 and some change.  Does the exact same shit other overpriced body armor does, unless you're the type that lacks self-esteem so he buys name brand gear in order to look 'cool' and make up for it.

They are all made from the same factory too, I bet.  Nothing but good reviews on them, from people who've had expensive gears before too.

Edited by Honda_Power

There's plenty of jackets I liked, but I've been looking for something that'll work for commuting/weather protection, too. Any suggestions there?

Dude... just get an Ebay body armor, $30 and some change. Does the exact same shit other overpriced body armor does, unless you're the type that lacks self-esteem so he buys name brand gear in order to look 'cool' and make up for it.

They are all made from the same factory too, I bet. Nothing but good reviews on them, from people who've had expensive gears before too.

I accidentally gave you credit for two that made me chuckle. Don't let it go to your head. You still blow