Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust for 2001 LC4

Hey everyone,

Just bought a 2001 ktm lc4.  It has the stock Supertrapp exhaust.  The muffler rattles as if one of the discs is loose or broken.  I took the end piece off of the muffler, I believe it's called the baffle, and all I can see is a welded piece of metal blocking access to the rest of the muffler.  I do not know if this is how the pipe is supposed to be but I do not see any disc and I can not access the part of the pipe that is rattling.  I would like to replace this muffler as I think it is hindering the flow of exhaust. 

The problem is I am have trouble finding a pipe that will fit.  The pre-silencer makes fitting on another pipe hard.  It seems that I need to get a pipe very specific for this bike.  I have heard that Biggun makes it for this bike but I have not found one yet. Does anybody know where I can get a pipe that can replace the pre-silencer as well as the main muffler?  I am even open to replacing this exhaust with another stock Supertrapp however I would prefer to upgrade. 

I have attached some pics for reference.

Thanks

Also, first post!

pipe_supertrapp.jpg

pre-silencer.jpg

I'm having the same problem with my 2000 640, just opened it up to check the baffles and ended up snapping 4 bolts and broke one of the welded nuts off the end cap... Got it back together but sure would like an aftermarket kit without dropping $1500 for an akra system