125 2 stroke ratio?

32/1 is the going rate for most two strokes,,,I'm sure it's not the oil,,,but what brand have you been you running ? Usually there are three reason's a motor give's,,incorrect jetting, not enough oil or letting the top end go too long.

Depending on how you ride it 32/1 should be enough . Me personally I run yamalube 2r in my 250 and run it at 20:1 , I trail ride but also hillclimb . The oil is cheap so idc about running more of it and yes it helps me sleep better at night lol

Edited by yamaha racing 230

I spoke with two top of the line tuners about this a few months ago and they both said the exact same thing. A 125 on a mx track should be run at 32-1. If you are crazy fast and always revving it out you should consider 28-1.

• Like 1

Heres a fun one for ya. Dude i know has ran 80:1 red line oil for about 25 years now in his TRX250R at the dunes with no probs.

Rebuilds just as much as anyone. Im not sayin its a good idea, its an example of extremes...the point being...you can fudge your mix pretty hard and still be ok. Im a 44:1 kinda guy, myself. 

• Like 1

Heres a fun one for ya. Dude i know has ran 80:1 red line oil for about 25 years now in his TRX250R at the dunes with no probs.

Rebuilds just as much as anyone. Im not sayin its a good idea, its an example of extremes...the point being...you can fudge your mix pretty hard and still be ok. Im a 44:1 kinda guy, myself. 

A lot depends on the oil you use. The Redline stuff is top shelf. Some oils are better at say 50:1, some are better when mixed at 32:1.

My bike is on 32:1 with the Castrol TTS full synthetic oil ATM. Was 50:1 with the Shell Full Synth oil but can't get that here anymore :rant: My RC cars I run at 20:1. RC boats at 16:1 with Cool Power Blue. I use the 16:1 in the brush cutter. Things as old as I am and runs like new? .

Never blown an engine of any type ever. Raced 125 Rotax Karts and still race RC stuff.

Edited by AddictedToBling
  • Like 1

What other mixture did you run in this bike?

Or do you mean, "I ALWAYS run 32:1"

Pictures of the piston, cylinder, bearings?

I always run 32:1 3 gallons of 93 and a gallon of 110 octane that I get at the local high performance shop..but I don't always run the 110 just on race day most of the time because it seems to make her a little more crisp

I change my filter every ride guess it was just time for the crank to go

Unless you are riding in the Sahara, you should not need to change your filter every ride. Excess cleaning greatly increases the chance you are going to knock dirt down the intake tract, sand blasting the big end crank bearing. The exposure to solvents also takes a toll on the filter. Wait until the filter actually gets dirty before you clean it. If you don't know what "dirty" is, let it go until you can actually feel the bike start to choke. Look at the filter at that point, and just make sure you clean it before it gets to that point again.

Regarding the ratio, A nice thing about a two stroke is that you can adjust the premix ratio and jetting based on the severity of the application. It does not get much more severe than running a 125 flat out on an mx track. I would run no less oil than 32:1.