Sign in to follow this  

First ride on the 2014 kx450

Coming from the 07 yz450 this bike felt high and light,I used to feel like I sat into the yz but this bike its like you sit on top it.I found it very flickable but a bit twitchy on loose stone.I went to the aggressive coupler and think I'll stay there,had to lower the pegs and adjust some clickers but left the forks at 35 psi.They are pretty plush on the choppy stuff but haven't tried any hard landings yet.I feel very comfortable on the bike,it has nice power but think I'll be dropping a tooth on the rear.Had it home for about 5 mins and left it propped up against the house while I went to get a wrench and I heard a thud,looked back and the bike was on the ground.I bent up my clutch lever and scratched up the rear fender,managed to straighten out the lever but the plastics cant be fixed.Was planning on a graphics kit anyways.Then I was adjusting the brake pedal and smelled something burning and found I had the arm burned out my jersey on the header.I think I will be pleased with the bike but haven't had a lot of time on it yet.

Careful young man, you sound dangerous. ;)

:lol: :lol:

That was funny. Congrats on the new bike.

Edited by motogeek