Sign in to follow this  

Just a old lady having fun!

Yep, just this Grandmother of 5 out for a fun Saturday in British Columbia to play with my Canooooooook friends :D

10370440_722954797750221_601996378765261

1964912_722952717750429_3510545292704752

10387481_722966764415691_815041923434188

Edited by Debi
  • Like 1

Nice shots, Debi, backin' it in!  :thumbsup:

I just got back from the MRI due to that crash I had down in SoCal on the May 25th and OMG.  From the initial report from the MRI guy I have a LCL, MCL, PCL and slight ACL tears with what looks like a small fracture on my tibia where it meets up top by me knee. Oh joy Here's the kicker, I have a tear in my Calcaneo ligament and fracture in my lower fibula (right ankle) Guess I hit pretty hard LOL Oh well, now the fun begins and wait for this info to be sent to my Doc and hear the ridicule from him on what I need to do. 

I can't believe I was up in BC this past Saturday and still trying to go. Guess I have a tad higher pain threshold than I thought :eek: This does explain the major pain when landing off the Suburban jump (which I started avoiding after 3 sessions) and the landing off the service road drop off. Still kinda in shock that all of this is wrong with my right knee, leg and ankle and still sucked it up and rode this past Saturday.

Oh well, I will give it 2 weeks and be back on (depending on what my Doc says) and ready for more racing this season :D

Hey Bobbi, we soooo need to ride together ;)

Sorry to hear! Sucks to get hurt at our age...

If part of your rehab includes ultrasound to heat the ligaments and increase blood flow to the area for healing, then get yourself a portable ultrasound machine. Much cheaper ($90) than PT and just as effective. Twice a day and it will get you going again sooner than PT. Don't ask me how I know.

http://www.tenspros.com/product.asp?itemid=161&gclid=CM3Bx5v14b4CFUhufgodGToA-Q

• Like 1

I just got back from the MRI due to that crash I had down in SoCal on the May 25th and OMG. From the initial report from the MRI guy I have a LCL, MCL, PCL and slight ACL tears with what looks like a small fracture on my tibia where it meets up top by me knee. Oh joy Here's the kicker, I have a tear in my Calcaneo ligament and fracture in my lower fibula (right ankle) Guess I hit pretty hard LOL Oh well, now the fun begins and wait for this info to be sent to my Doc and hear the ridicule from him on what I need to do.

I can't believe I was up in BC this past Saturday and still trying to go. Guess I have a tad higher pain threshold than I thought :eek: This does explain the major pain when landing off the Suburban jump (which I started avoiding after 3 sessions) and the landing off the service road drop off. Still kinda in shock that all of this is wrong with my right knee, leg and ankle and still sucked it up and rode this past Saturday.

Oh well, I will give it 2 weeks and be back on (depending on what my Doc says) and ready for more racing this season :D

Hey Bobbi, we soooo need to ride together ;)

Your a bad ass

Your a bad ass - that's probably the only part that didn't get mangled ;)

Deb, might want to have Dr. Mark look at the MRI as well (he's free and I know first hand what great work he does!!) AND (here comes the lecture :rolleyes: ) you probably wouldn't have gotten that bad a wrap IF you would have stopped riding when the initial accident occured (geez, I might as well be talking to a :banghead: ). And I agree with dblracer as I have a handheld machine.

As an aside, great pics for the counter steering deniers out there, if there are any left.

Heal up, Debi!

Sorry to hear! Sucks to get hurt at our age...

If part of your rehab includes ultrasound to heat the ligaments and increase blood flow to the area for healing, then get yourself a portable ultrasound machine. Much cheaper ($90) than PT and just as effective. Twice a day and it will get you going again sooner than PT. Don't ask me how I know.

http://www.tenspros.com/product.asp?itemid=161&gclid=CM3Bx5v14b4CFUhufgodGToA-Q

Thanks :D Yeah I have one of those already as well as some other goodies (from past issues) that will be breaking out LOL. 

Sucks though as I so didn't think it was this bad Oh well, now to heal up and get ready for round 3 up in BC :D

Your a bad ass

Thanks, I'm really just old and blonde and don't know any better LOL

Your a bad ass - that's probably the only part that didn't get mangled ;)

Deb, might want to have Dr. Mark look at the MRI as well (he's free and I know first hand what great work he does!!) AND (here comes the lecture :rolleyes: ) you probably wouldn't have gotten that bad a wrap IF you would have stopped riding when the initial accident occured (geez, I might as well be talking to a :banghead: ). And I agree with dblracer as I have a handheld machine.

Hey, I listen lol. I might just have Dr. Mark take a look. I mean yeah it hurts but not like the knarly pain I am used to on breaks or tears so I am confused :/

As an aside, great pics for the counter steering deniers out there, if there are any left.

Heal up, Debi!

Oh there are a bunch of us out there :D BTW, Hope to be down in Oregon next month at either Mac track in McMinnville or Pat's acres in Canby ;) Come on out and ride my bike :D

Oh and this is one of the areas where it was really hurting

BC+Supermoto+5-31-14+173.JPG

Edited by Debi

Deb,

Really "Hey, I listen" to who? that little voice in your head :lol:

I see the pic, I see the pic!!! woohoo

I assume you were jumping to that spot from the above level? or was it like a ditch you rode down? :ride:

i can't see the pain grimmice on your face though :rolleyes:

I would let Dr. Mark take a look (just remember he tells it like it is good or bad)

don :thumbsup:

I be workin' Sat and maybe Sun (this sucks!!)

• Like 1

Oh yes Don, I asked my Doc to confer with him and a other Ortho so hoping to get the news Monday/Tuesday but as of right now it's Surgery or a year of braces and PT and well I need to finish this season but will have to decide on what's going to be the best and quickest plan of action.

Oh well, guess I need to load up on some KT tape and tape myself up LMAO

D,

"KT tape and tape myself up" - Haven't you learned anything on TT????

YOU ALWAYS USE DUCK TAPE :lol:  :lol:

I got some of that special green and black DT somewhere :goofy:

Maybe you should sit back and relax a bit, let your body rest some (oh geez, did I just say that :facepalm: )................Ah, go load up on taco's n rita's :p

d

• Like 1

Yeah yeah, I have a bunch of that KT tape, I swear I will look like a Zebra for everything I have to tape up LMAO.

BTW, having a Pomrita now :D

D,

Wonder how I would have known this "BTW, having a Pomrita now". :lol:

Must be my superb knowledge of the west cost women!!! :rolleyes:

d :thumbsup:

Probably coffee, because your up early and since I know you go to work early and by the time you get this message.

So see, I do know!!!!!

Yep, you can tell in these two videos I be a huryin :)

W.A.R. Supermoto series Apple Valley CA 5-25-14 (an hour after my crash and note the black duct tape and zip-ties holding my brake reservoir on LOL

BC Supermoto, Abbottsford B.C.  5-31-14 practice, notice I start going around the urban jump due to major pain and white out conditions from pain. Yes I tried to get the Police officer to come join in. Just doing my Civic duty and trying to get close to the Police LOL

Edited by Debi

As usual can't see chit but that is probably good since I would just rag on ya.

gettin' tight with the LEO's is always good.

Yes i be working today (Sat.)