Sign in to follow this  

How to tell if your suspension is to soft

Can't tell if it's to soft or if the rebound needs to be set but jumping is hard because I nose dive or go nose up a lot of the time

Put a zip Ty on your fork leg. That will tell you if your bottoming out and too soft. Start there and set compression and rebound

I agree with YHG, if you are doing that on jumps, then there's probably more going on than wrong springs.

On the shock you compare static vs rider sag. Do some searching.

On the front you can check travel with a zip-ty as mentioned.

On both ends, the other simple but highly effective method is to feel the ride height of each end of your bike.

If you have no idea about any of this, then you could use something like the online Race Tech spring calculator. That'll at least get your springs in the ball park.

Can you actualy just put heavyer springs in without a revalve? I got a 2010 yz 250 2 stroke, weighing 95kgs and run standard springs. I got no static sag at all when wound to get 95mm sag. When i push down on seat when comes up it tops out. I no i need stiffer springs but cant afford it, so i think ill just wind down to 110mm sag because i never had that problem before.

On the yz the rear rebound damping is really weak , with bigger springs it will need more rebound , the rest is normally ok

Yes, you can change only springs and make a difference in how the bike feels. You will have to adjust the clickers to match the spring changes. It sounds, from what you've posted, that the current springs are too weak.

Edited by OldMechanik

So your saying if i bought a set of racetech springs to suit my weight i could put them in and play with clickers and i will beable to get static sag and also 100mm sag? Also i weigh 95kgs so should i buy a set to suit a 100 kg rider? Because of my gear ontop of my weight? And can anybody please tell me if i should get progresive rate springs? I dont want to waist my money!!!!

Don't get the progressive