Sign in to follow this  

what bike for my 11 yo brother

Ok so this will be my brothers 2nd dirtbike, well technically his first. I'm only 16 but I'm the only one in my family that tides so I'm the one finding my small 85lb 5ft 11 almost 12 year old brothers bike. He started on my aunts cr70 that he rode for a month to see if he even wanted a bike and that got him hooked. I then bought a 2011 off brand suped up 110 4t that was actually pretty quick it would do 50 with me at 220lb and it was quicker then my ttr230. He rode it for about 6 months but I ended up trading it off towards a banshee and now he wants to buy one of his own, he rode my cr125 once but its way to big for him he can handle my raptor 660 with mods but I was looking at a 85 2t but hell be riding strictly woods and I want to get something hell be able to handle in trails good and he's not a super experienced rider but not a bad one I looked at a 150r too but there alot more expensive and hell only have like a grand with my help. Sorry for the long post just wanted to get good information, please any opinions on an 85 or suggestions for other bikes.

125 2 stroker. you can shave the seat down ive seen a lot of people do that. hes getting to the age where he will be probably be growing quick over the next few years and something like an 85 wont last long, youll end up losing money if he's wanting to stick with it.

I'm definatley leaning towards a 85 for him we went to the local shop today and the only ones they had were the kxs but the 85 he was tiptoeing nut it wasn't to bad but the 100 he had to lean it over to get anything to touch it was just to big. And 5ft isn't to short for his age but he just got done with a growth spurt so he's not gonna grow a ton in the near future I don't believe