Sign in to follow this  

Best GoPro mounting results....

Looking for the best mounting point directly on the bike with the least vibration. Haven't tried it yet, but sounds like the swing arm might be the best option. So besides using a chest mount or helmet setup, anyone had good results anywhere else on the bike itself?

not a gopro..but with my ocntour roam, i used the flex strap mount..i wrap it around the left fork tube..

no adhesives involved! the strap is really tough thick rubber that can be stretched slightly to make a super tight fit..

https://www.google.com/search?q=contour+flex+strap+mount&espv=2&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=9CSNU8unL8G1yASa5oLwCw&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAw&biw=1152&bih=620)

and heres the video i get, its pretty stable, alot more stable than on the helmet

Edited by 707LAKE
  • Like 1

LAKE - awesome results. Maybe I can fab something similar up with the GP. Thx!

Tyson, think you hit it my man. Roll bar mount seems super tight and stable. Think I might get some good results out of this. Will be cool to see the tire move under suspension load as well....

• Like 1

The best mounting spot is by far at the breath hole point of your helmet. Your head makes less movement than any other part of the bike or your body and less vibration. I have had amazing results that really give the 1st person perspective. I'll elaborate on mounting technique soon. Have done it on last three helmets now.