Sign in to follow this  

Stalling

My bike keeps stalling even in neutral and when I put it in first gear and don't give it gas it stalls. Help!! Need bike by Thursday night!!

Thanks

powerbands are clearley installed wrong, you want the 2 red ones then the blue on top.  :p

sould like a carb issuse has the bike sat a while(like over winter) most likley a pilot jet is clogged and your starving the engine of fuel. 

Could hope for a easy fix and run some seafoam or other carb cleaner through and pray it was just a little bit of junk, after that you will need to have the jets cleaned.

Edited by ekulb14
  • Like 1

My bike keeps stalling even in neutral and when I put it in first gear and don't give it gas it stalls. Help!! Need bike by Thursday night!!

Thanks

For now, maybe crank up the idle.  Also make sure the boot from the carb to the head is tightened.  Clean your air filter.  Make sure you have new gas.  Change your plug.  That would be it from now until Thursday.  Of course, you could post your question on a machine specific topic.  Just provide the following information:

The bike ran perfectly, then I did this _______ or this _______ happened, or I noticed this _______ .  The more detail you provide, in the right place, the more likely you are to get a good response quickly.  

• Like 2

Agreed with the above post by the Kawi dude.      When I got my bike (used) the cable settings were all kinds of wrong. I have also noticed LOTS of bikes like my CRF seem to need a little help going into 1st when the oil is cold. Usually I warm up 2-3 mins then blip the throttle right before I select 1st. Also check your idle speed!!!!