Hey-

Just picked up a older XL185 bike for my kids/wife to bomb around on-

I was wondering if there were any modern options for rear shocks-

Something I can setup rebound/compression on-

Maybe I am asking to much-

Just let me know-----

Thanks

TCE

Go to Hagon for a cheap good shock. Spec it for xr185 as slightly longer and a little stiffer. If you want full tilt with adjustable compression rebound try Marty Tripes as he makes custom Noleen and Race tech makes shocks also. Be prepared to gasp when you hear price for a pair of adjustable real shocks...... Hagon may make some with adjusters also

75nova, Do you really have a 75 nova with a 420 or is 420 the smell?  Working on friends 66 ChevyII he bought when we went to school in 1979. I get to build a real smallblock for him now. Bryant crank Dart block, AFR heads, Jesel shaft rockers and new Modular AFR composite intake plus we will use Injection instead of carb.

Oh on shocks there are many companies. It all depends on money and needs, not necessarily that order. Maybe just me but had bad luck with progressive on laydown XR's. Shaft too small and bent them. Have custom Works on my XR185 racer (10" rear travel on longer White Bros swingarm) and had a custom 3 stage spring set-up. Really work well and just as I specced them. 2.5" plush, 5" firm and 2.5" very very firm for when I screw up which is a lot.

Had a 75 nova sold it as a rolling chassis it just had a small 350

Works been getting slow so toys have to go bye bye...

Good luck with ur build