USWE SPORTS ACTION HYDRO PACKS GIVEAWAYS!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Parting out 1985 ATC200x - Engine Parts work for an XR200?

Guys, do any engine parts swap????

1985 ATC200x -

Anything work on an XR200 or XL200?

Any help or info would be great.

Thanks

Edited by arthur6

I might b interested in cam if someone can tell us if any difference between ATC and xr200...I.e. more bottom torque. Or vice versa..

The XR185/200 has the most aggressive OEM cam of the little two valve motors.  Some of the ATCs had a smaller bore and/or lower compression ratio so I don't know how  mixing those three differences actually affect performance but I'll speculate that the 65.5mm bore, 10:1 CR, and XR OEM cam combo produces more power everywhere.

If you want bottom end do a stroker and torque cam.

chuck is right. XR is a little bigger, yet these are still small cams. On your ATC you will notice difference but just slight with better mid-top. Very easy to get a decent cam made if you wanted. Also a simple head rebuild with porting works great on these. A better head will make power everywhere over stock. Power depends on how far you want to go but a 89a web or megacycle will make good useable power everywhere. Any bigger and you are trading low end for top end etc. If running race gas (50-50) is okay a piston change to wiseco 12-1 will bump power. Most notable in bottom to midrange with added power everywhere. These motors love compression.

Just always wondered if ATC had a torquier engine to compensate for extra weight of bike....