Sign in to follow this  

RM and RMZ parts swapping?

I have a 2006 RM 250 and need a new swingarm, found a nice one from a 2006 RMZ 250 and 2005 RMZ 250 but I have no clue if that stuff works or not, anyone know what years RMZ swingarms, if any, work on a RM 250 2-stroker?!?!

Check the part nums on rockymtn or motosport...if they dont match, check surrounding parts...linkage, bearings, etc.

SOB is correct on the perfect cross over parts.  As for the RMZ parts crossing over to an RM, you just got to try it and see.  Do your research on the net, and if you believe it will work, then pick the part up on e-bay cheap and try it.

• Like 1

According to PC the suspension linkage parts are the same from the RM125/250 to the RMZ'

And the bearing sets are the same from 05rm's on up to the 07RMZ's.

So it sounds like from the Kawasaki split on up they did their own design.

I'm waiting for an RMZ linkage to arrive any day and will be fitting it to an 07 RM so I'll report back

• Like 1

According to PC the suspension linkage parts are the same from the RM125/250 to the RMZ'

And the bearing sets are the same from 05rm's on up to the 07RMZ's.

So it sounds like from the Kawasaki split on up they did their own design.

I'm waiting for an RMZ linkage to arrive any day and will be fitting it to an 07 RM so I'll report back

Curious.  Let us know how it goes.

• Like 1

I know this is old but I am in a similar situation and could save some cash if the RMZ linkage (mainly the triangle shaped piece) will work in the '04 RM. Did this work out @nesc103y?

Swingarm won't swap. Rear wheel is different and mount to frame/motor is different. It could be made to work,but you would have to do some fab work and Rmz rear wheel. Linkage dog bone is same from RM to Rmz. Not sure on triangle piece. My rmz250 linkage is different from my rm250

Remembered my little brother has kx rmz twin so I should know the answer on the triangle piece tonight

Linkage on my 06 RM125 is pretty much the same as the one on my 2014 RMZ 250 frame. One of the bolts is different but It'll work (the one that mounts the linkage to the swing arm. It's just kind of counter sunk on the RMZ).

001_zpsdzsuiifo.jpg

RM linkage

003_zpsg6f4ein6.jpg

Also. They changed to a larger diameter bolt in 2013. The one that goes through the frame to mount the linkage.

04/07 RM125 swing arms are stiffer than the RMZ as well. Same in length, that's about it.  Notice the extra bridge on the RM swinger, behind the engine.

002_zpsscorqyy0.jpg

Edited by AddictedToBling