Sign in to follow this  

My 1st trials machine!

After 8 months of creepy CL stalking I finally had some cash laying around and got the bike to my price range. Found a 2 owner '95 Gas Gas JT25

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401762984.870799.jpg

Runs amazing and found a little secret it may be hiding

ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401763097.754267.jpg

The jug says 350cc so I'm not sure if the bike has a factory big bore kit or what. Have about 3 hours to play on it tomorrow before work.

Looks great and well taken care of. Keep a finger on that clutch, 350ccs will be a hand full.

looking good, you'll have a blast. balancing exercises can be a bit boring but will kickstart your trials riding in leaps and bounds... there's a training vid here.

looking good, you'll have a blast. balancing exercises can be a bit boring but will kickstart your trials riding in leaps and bounds... there's a training vid

Funny you should mention these videos because I have been watching them in the past year in anticipation of buying a trials bike. Thanks for sharing.

Funny you should mention these videos because I have been watching them in the past year in anticipation of buying a trials bike. Thanks for sharing.

excellent. those vids are part of my evil (or is that nefarious?) plan to convert all dirt riders to trials riding.

excellent. those vids are part of my evil (or is that nefarious?) plan to convert all dirt riders to trials riding.

Well thank you for costing me a bunch of money now and in the future because I believe I have another passion that is expensive. Seriously though thank you. Went out this morning for 3 hours and practiced balancing in place and riding form. Then threw some rocks down and practiced some "tight" to me figure 8's. Then went and hit a few boulder hops and climbs before heading home. Had an absolute blast, probably had a ear to ear smile on my face the whole time!

:thumbsup:   have it made a difference to your dirt riding already? all the guys i know who got into trials recently said within one or two trials rides they noticed they were riding their dirt bikes differently, and tackling tricky terrain better.

:thumbsup: have it made a difference to your dirt riding already?.

I am going out on the KTM on Sunday so I will let you know. I am guessing it will make a difference because I am already pulling stuff on the trials I would hesitate doing on the endure.

Took the JT out today to follow my wife on a rocky trail in southern oregon. It performed flawlessly and I was able to do about 18 miles without running her dry. Had a 1/4 gallon in the pack just in case. Loved being able to go slow and do every rock hit and log off the trail while cruising behind her on her ttr125. Being from nevada I got to practice some log hopping using double-blips. Got off balance on a big one out of my scope. Dabbed on the top and the foot peg pinched the back of my heel/ankle. Gashed the skin inside of my desert boots so I ordered some forma trials boots when I got back home. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1404098181.239598.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1404098201.857981.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1404098227.982804.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1404098240.768440.jpg

How long did it take to paint your nails in a multi-colored scheme?  THAT'S dedication!

How long did it take to paint your nails in a multi-colored scheme? THAT'S dedication!

Hahahahahaha those are my gals manicured nails. She took the picture.

the rainbow nails come after you start wearing those tight fitting trials team spandex

• Like 1