Sign in to follow this  

Washington Vehicle Break in at Walker

Just a heads up the sleaze ball scum sucking thieves are back working the parking lot at Walker. I was up there this afternoon there was only one other rig in the lot when I arrived, my riding partner Chezdude showed up shortly after me then the owner of the other truck came back from his ride only to find the little ball sac sweat sucking low-lifes had thrown a rock through the driver's side window with such force that it not only shattered that window it went across the cab and cracked the windshield on the passenger side.

They took his satellite radio and left his wallet, go figure, man I F'n hate thieves. We checked with the guy before we left for our ride, the Sheriff had been called and he was waiting for them to get back to him.

Week day riders beware!!

We occasionally get a rash of them over here too, usually just 1 person doing it. They get busted for something else and it all stops till the revolving door of justice turns them loose again. 

I wrote "protected by 30-06 on hill "on my crab buoys.  Might make a good sign for your truck?

A bottle of Jack Daniels spiked with a few ounces of syrup of ipecac makes nice bonus for any thief to score.

• Like 6

noticed a bunch of glass sunday on the ground at the smaller staging area south of main staging area.... luckily nothing done to our trucks but there were a bunch of trucks there (8-9) trucks and lots of traffic going in and out...

Green Mountain staging use to, and may still, have signs warning about car vandalism/theft.

Couple of years ago we had that happen at Rock Candy staging, DNR police thought they might know who based on other observations and stops in Capitol Forest.  

After having a wallet and keys stolen from a gym locker and suffering the hassle of changing locks and replacing docs/cards, I don't leave those things in the truck when riding (also smartphone).

I'm the same way, wallet, phones, keys do not stay in my vehicle, they are secured in my flight vest when I'm riding, hell half the time I don't even lock the truck, my thoughts are it's easier to replace the car stereo then it is to replace a broken window.

hell half the time I don't even lock the truck,

I'd draw the dummy that doesn't jiggle door handles, first. I usually leave the windows down, during good weather...no breaky glass.

I'd draw the dummy that doesn't jiggle door handles, first. I usually leave the windows down, during good weather...no breaky glass.

Good idea, I'll have to start doing that.

I think you have the right idea Bowhunter, your vehicle looks like it was abandoned to begin with, no self respecting crook would even think twice about looking in your rig for something valuable. :lol:  :p

your vehicle looks like it was abandoned to begin with

It's sad, I have a bicycle with higher resale value than my truck.
  • Like 1

It's sad, I have a bicycle with higher resale value than my truck.

I think you have the right idea Bowhunter, your vehicle looks like it was abandoned to begin with, no self respecting crook would even think twice about looking in your rig for something valuable. :lol:  :p

Uhhh......me too, but I love my '97 ranger for just that reason :thumbsup: ( and a few others)

Joe

Another great idea is to post a visible handwritten note that says "HEY BILL....I AM JUST UP THE TRAIL TESTING OUT MY NEW 38 AND WILL BE BACK IN A MINUTE"

Joe

• Like 4

Another great idea is to post a visible handwritten note that says "HEY BILL....I AM JUST UP THE TRAIL TESTING OUT MY NEW 38 AND WILL BE BACK IN A MINUTE"

Joe

Genius.. :thumbsup:

Print yourself out this picture....leave it on your dash in plain view

44-magnum.jpg

Hey Fred this guy left one of those cool old movie posters on the seat. I saw a guy on pawnstars get like $50 for that. Who is it? Ah just some old dude with a antique gun. It doesn't even take a clip.