Sign in to follow this  

2014 FACTORY EDITION 450SX-F HELP

Ok guys some help here, just bought this bike brand new, was a little fast in woods so threw a 14 gear on front sprocket it was a 13, and this it do able with ease and massive torgue, but my main question is, when I pull red button , i guess for more air, but looks like a choke button, it starts right away and runs nice, when its warmed up and red button is pushed back in it does ok after turning idle up a tad, PROBLEM is it stalls, not a lot but sometimes at LOW speed, and you would think for FI it would be just hit the button but it is kind of hard to restart a few seconds and sometimes even after warming up pulling the red air button out?

This bike is brand new only has 1 hour on it, this common or uncommon, or does it need broken in then things will settle down and start better. I live here in Ohio and riding temps right now are between 70-80. Should I contact dealor or wait till 1st inspection, or is this not suppose to do this at all? I think latter not at all being FI! But this is first KTM ever, so thats why I am here asking others that may know, other than the hard starts after stalling at low speeds, I have NO COMPLAINTS, it is the bike of my dreams, but stalling and hard starting after that???????????????

with 14 tooth on front you geared it up, may help with aburptness off power, but will be easier to stall. i stayed with stock gearing and put a rekluse clutch in, no problems in the tight stuff.

I just got one to mine has three hours on it. I have noticed it only likes to start in neutral only. when you say stalls at low speed are you on the gas or not pulling clutch in when you are going slow?  Mine has not stalled like yours just me stalling it a couple times.  I had a rekluse on my last bike & will be putting one on this bike. They are worth it!!! 

U guys have an option. Either increase the idle air or get the ust and bump up the fuel at idle

Tryin not to tinker with my bike anymore...

So no mentionin of new gizmos plz

Do new bikes not come with owner's manuals? (serious question, that seems like the logical place to look for your solution)

MXboy2661 and daddycoop1,

I have a Shorai in my 2014.5, no help.  I am coming off a 2013.5 also with a Shorai which as MXboy points out will start in gear no problem. Heck, I think it would start just looking at it! The 2014.5 does stall easy and is very hard to start and almost impossible if in gear. I have turned my idle way up to reduce the stalling. Perhaps Naf's advice would remedy the issue. It is a very annoying issue mostly as the 2013.5 had zero stalling and starting issues.

My friends 2014.5 has the same problem ( stock battery) this along with reading numerous reports on line from others I would think KTM would offer us a fix. Otherwise, the bike is far superior to the 2013.5 in handling and suspension. The motor even feels better but this could be due to being new and tight.

Sounds like a mapping issue

mine starts no problem in gear, my buddy has one also no problem starting in gear.

What map are you running? 

Standard, sometimes soft. my buddy run aggressive, we both have rekluse 3.0 inour bikes, shouldnt make too much a difference i would think.

Standard, sometimes soft. my buddy run aggressive, we both have rekluse 3.0 inour bikes, shouldnt make too much a difference i would think.

I bet the Rekluse does help start in gear. How do you like the new 3.0 Rekluse? I am thinking of getting one for Ktm. I had the z start on my yamaha & loved it. 

I bet the Rekluse does help start in gear. How do you like the new 3.0 Rekluse? I am thinking of getting one for Ktm. I had the z start on my yamaha & loved it. 

I love it, had one in my yz450f. just as good in ktm, great on trails and on the track.