Sign in to follow this  

Think of selling my YZ325

I've built it up and it's a labor of love but the 2015 KTM 250sx is calling my name. I know I got 14k into it.

2013YZ250

ESR325 kit ported S9 and then cleaned up locally

Lectron card

Oversize front rotor

TCR wheels

Works connection bling kit

Boyseen ingition and clutch cover

Hinson springs

Hammerhead brake and shift lever

MiKa bars

Scanvilli exhaust

Vortex ignition

Rapto Ti footpegs

Moto seat cover

Applied triple clamp

Race tech fork sub tanks

Twisted engineer bars / Mika bars

Who knows what else

I have no idea what really to place it at cost wise. I'm thinking 8500 or 9k. ImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401767705.354436.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401767728.654843.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401767751.887696.jpgImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401767811.422345.jpg

Its a nice bike but $9k is going to be a extremely tough sell. even $7k is going to be a stretch....

Yeah that's my fear atleast I'm getting an idea

Let us know how much it sells for.

Def hard to get your money back out of a dirt bike.

Edited by jeffdanger

Yeah that's my fear atleast I'm getting an idea

Honestly, return it to stock, sell it for $5-6k and keep the parts. After about 20hrs on the KTM you'll wish for your YZ back....

• Like 4

Let us know how much it sells for.

Def hard to get your money back out of a dirt bike.

Not trying to get my money back but a heathy down payment.

Honestly, return it to stock, sell it for $5-6k and keep the parts. After about 20hrs on the KTM you'll wish for your YZ back....

yeah the yz blows the doors off the sx

Any chance you'd wanna package some of those parts? I'd really be interested in some of the stuff you've got on there and you'd probably make more money bringing it back to stock anyways.

Holy crap! Has that thing even ever been ridden? Clean as iiiiiiish! Sexy!

• Like 1

Any chance you'd wanna package some of those parts? I'd really be interested in some of the stuff you've got on there and you'd probably make more money bringing it back to stock anyways.

Ditto if the vortex was up and price was agreeable worth more off the bike than on.....

I've built it up and it's a labor of love but the 2015 KTM 250sx is calling my name. I know I got 14k into it.

2013YZ250

ESR325 kit ported S9 and then cleaned up locally

Lectron card

Oversize front rotor

TCR wheels

Works connection bling kit

Boyseen ingition and clutch cover

Hinson springs

Hammerhead brake and shift lever

MiKa bars

Scanvilli exhaust

Vortex ignition

Rapto Ti footpegs

Moto seat cover

Applied triple clamp

Race tech fork sub tanks

Twisted engineer bars / Mika bars

Who knows what else

I have no idea what really to place it at cost wise. I'm thinking 8500 or 9k. attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401767705.354436.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401767728.654843.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401767751.887696.jpgattachicon.gifImageUploadedByThumper Talk1401767811.422345.jpg

Hey man, I would  keep your price high and see what happens. As a 2005 YZ 250 owner who is looking for a "new" YZ 250 your bike is much more appealing than a new stocker. My shop just quoted me $7900 OTD (highway robbery , I know) on a 2014. I f I was going to spend that kind of money i would not hesitate to buy yours for the same price. Someone will shell out the cash IMHO.

• Like 1

Well I put down a deposit for the KTM 450sx FE and decided to part out the bike I have it listed for 6500. And the engine has 5 total hours 2 on the 325.

Hey man, I would  keep your price high and see what happens. As a 2005 YZ 250 owner who is looking for a "new" YZ 250 your bike is much more appealing than a new stocker. My shop just quoted me $7900 OTD (highway robbery , I know) on a 2014. I f I was going to spend that kind of money i would not hesitate to buy yours for the same price. Someone will shell out the cash IMHO.

Theres truth to that. Ive paid premium price for a bike that i really liked. Might have to sit and wait for that person but its a valid point.

I'm planning on it parting it out now. It will take longer but I'm one with that I know the big items will go quick.

250sx calling your name,so you buy a 450,2 hrs on a 325,,,they have meds for this...

• Like 4

250sx calling your name,so you buy a 450,2 hrs on a 325,,,they have meds for this...

Everyone says I'm crazy but to me I just wanted to build a bad ass 2 stroke and I did that. The ultimate goal was to bore it out to 76.5 bore and stroke it 2mm for a 76mm stroke for a 350cc.

I tried to sell my 15 hr 2013 YZ250 for $5,900 and not one call. I have a $1000 of accessories on it including a Rekluse clutch, FMF pipe and silencer, skid plate and on and on.

Stirp it down back to stock, sell the parts and maybe you could get $4,000 for it. I found out quick that our YZ's have no resale value.