Sign in to follow this  

Up to date what is the best crf250 year?

Hi guys I am looking to buy a crf250 and I have looked all over for a up to date thread on what year is best. I have heard from old threads that 2007 and 2012 are good years but after that I haven't been able to find any info.

Thank you for the help guys 

Ben 

2012 was a good year. But every year they get better, so the 2014 is the best to date

2012 was a good year. But every year they get better, so the 2014 is the best to date

Thanks for all your inputs guys I belive 2010 and up is a must for me just due to the fuel injection and out of that year bracket I think I'm leaning towards 2012

(2013 and 14 would probaly by pretty expensive)

2015 info was released today... I would buy one over the 2014.

I've got a 2010 and it is one strong bike. Only problem I have had so far is a crank seal went bad

How are the valves holding up?Just out of curiosity (I'm tossing up between a crf or yz)

I'm looking to spend 3500-4000 it would be nice to have the bike somewhat built but not necessary. I really need to get my cr sold I hate waiting in between bikes

How are the valves holding up?Just out of curiosity (I'm tossing up between a crf or yz)

Valves are excellent still. When I got the bike it had just been rebuilt with everything new except valves so they are raced on from previous owner. Have over 100 hours on them for sure. Not sure what brand they are, never have had to tear it down yet besides adjusting valves.

Between 2010 and 2013, if you search around you might find a 13 brand new in the back of a dealer somewheres.

I bet you could find a crate 12 at one of the volume dealers. I bought two 07 250R's in late 09 for 4k each. There are two volume dealers within driving distance of me one in Bartlesville OK and another in Springfield MO.

• Like 2

I bet you could find a crate 12 at one of the volume dealers. I bought two 07 250R's in late 09 for 4k each. There are two volume dealers within driving distance of me one in Bartlesville OK and another in Springfield MO.

Oh really your in Oklahoma that's cool and I'm not sure I need a brand new in the crate but it is a idea where do you ride at by the way?

Oh really your in Oklahoma that's cool and I'm not sure I need a brand new in the crate but it is a idea where do you ride at by the way?

This one has only seen trails (so far) but I'm 51 now and been really itching to race the geritol class. I used to race Sunset near Muskogee, Hickory Ridge near Checota, and Ascot near Dora, AR. I've also ridden Stillwater and Bartlesville but those tracks were above my level for racing, especially Bartlesville. I also raced a track one time at Tulsa called Extremeworld, man that was a sweet track. Last weekend I went to River Valley MX near Siloam but only to watch but it made me want to race again really bad. Stillwater has a great city owned off road area and I raced a hare scramble there once. I haven't been on a track in 13 years now and I'm way overdue.

Hi guys Ive been trying to sell me 2001 cr250 and I had a offer to trade it for a 2011 ktm 250sxf with (factory connection suspension for my weight, recluse pro clutch, Fmf exhaust, some plastics, new graphics and some other goodies like grips and hand guards that kinda thing) So the question is do i trade straight for that or do I hold off and keep looking for a crf250?

Here is my bike to kinda get a idea of what were working with: https://post.craigslist.org/manage/4500735042

Edited by Benfro89

Anybody got any ideas sorry I have very little experience with ktm

Anybody got any ideas sorry I have very little experience with ktm

it will never feel like a honda. Has decent motor, suspension is not the greatest, doesnt have split oil systems which would be the deal breaker for me.

it will never feel like a honda. Has decent motor, suspension is not the greatest, doesnt have split oil systems which would be the deal breaker for me.

Damn ok I wish I could get my bike sold then :p