Sign in to follow this  

Me and my dad bought a ttr 225

We bought a ttr 225 recently and I've been ridding it a good bit. However we want to get another bike so we can both ride trails together. The idea is for him to ride the ttr 225 and me something else. The ttr 225 seems a bit heavy for me an hard to maneuver, so I was wanting to get a smaller bike that can still keep up with the 225. However I still want a four stroke that will be good on the trails, I don't want a race bike.im 5'11 and 145pounds I'm 16 years old.what is the best bike for me. I was thinking a crf150f maybe?

Edited by Gfit

WR250, crf 250 x, ktm xcf/ xcf-w 250, husky te 250 . I know you said 4 strokes but take a good look at the KDX's.

Edited by RhysTheRicer
  • Like 1

TTR's junk? haha, dont make me laugh. i would get a Yamaha TTR 125LE, perhaps the best low costing 4 stroke trail riding bike. i rode 50+ miles (oh and great gas mileage, didnt need to refill once) in Waynes national Forest and the last 20 miles it was lightning and raining cats and dogs. when it was raining really bad i had to go across about a mile of clay area with my dad (he rides a ttr 225)! you know what clay is like when its wet right? its like riding on glass. this bike dominated those little 2 strokes during this time. took me up a 200ft hill in 2nd gear when it was raining, i also had the oem tires on. this TTR 125 LE is honestly great and i think you should get one. im 5'11" 150lbs and 15yrs old. Go TTR's!!!! forgot to mention that when i was riding down there, 2 strokes would be stopped on the trails waiting for someone with gas, thats what you get for bringing a rice burner to a place meant for endurance!!! ride safe

IMG_20130724_134955_167.jpg

Edited by TTR 125LE ftw

I bet you a 250f will feel lighter than this junk ttrs plus it's way faster

considering that this bike is almost invincible, took it through a massive puddle in Waynes National Forest and i went all wheels in and the water was up to the bottom of my muffler and still hauled me 20 miles and 25 back...

TTR's junk? haha, dont make me laugh. i would get a Yamaha TTR 125LE, perhaps the best low costing 4 stroke trail riding bike. i rode 50+ miles (oh and great gas mileage, didnt need to refill once) in Waynes national Forest and the last 20 miles it was lightning and raining cats and dogs. when it was raining really bad i had to go across about a mile of clay area with my dad (he rides a ttr 225)! you know what clay is like when its wet right? its like riding on glass. this bike dominated those little 2 strokes during this time. took me up a 200ft hill in 2nd gear when it was raining, i also had the oem tires on. this TTR 125 LE is honestly great and i think you should get one. im 5'11" 150lbs and 15yrs old. Go TTR's!!!! forgot to mention that when i was riding down there, 2 strokes would be stopped on the trails waiting for someone with gas, thats what you get for bringing a rice burner to a place meant for endurance!!! ride safe

Not all of us want to travel at 5mph. TTR isn't a Enduro bike at all, if they are so good why aren't hare scrambles full of them? I got bored of the power of one within 2 months and it was my first bike. The only thing that bike has going for it is reliability and ease of use. Take your head out your ass.

• Like 1

Not all of us want to travel at 5mph. TTR isn't a Enduro bike at all, if they are so good why aren't hare scrambles full of them? I got bored of the power of one within 2 months and it was my first bike. The only thing that bike has going for it is reliability and ease of use. Take your head out your ass.

Ttrs are made for beginners they aren't fast at all... An any four stroke is good on gas and I ride a yz250 I go all day an a tank of gas and u can get bigger tank so therefore 2 strokes ftw not some pos ttr125
  • Like 1

Endurance = long perods of time, which would be trails. He said he wants to ride trails, not race so why not get a 125LE? Or other 4 stroke trail bike?

TTR 125LE is FAR too slow and small for him. he's 5'11 and 16, these bikes are made for 5ft 12 year olds and BEGINNERS. Maybe if you read my post properly you could see that i recommended other 250 four stroke trail bikes. Oh and by the way some of the best Enduro riders in the world such as Johnny walker and Graham Jarvis both ride these " Ricer burners". Get your facts straight before trying to tell people to get the complete wrong bike.

• Like 1

Maybe a TTR230 which is the replacement for the TTR225? I don't know if there are any significant differences. With that said a TTR230 or CRF230 are about your only choices given your criteria. I own a TTR125L and CRF230 and it's likely the CRF150 (and TTR125L) would be too small for you. TTR230 and CRF230 are great trail bikes for someone your size who isn't looking for high performance.

You are keyboard warriors huh? One does have a opinion. Im actually 6ft tall and 150lbs. This bike is still amazing for me. I also said maybe other 4 stroke bikes... why would you want a 2 stroke for trails? They require maintenance all the time and are way too fast

You are keyboard warriors huh? One does have a opinion. Im actually 6ft tall and 150lbs. This bike is still amazing for me. I also said maybe other 4 stroke bikes... why would you want a 2 stroke for trails? They require maintenance all the time and are way too fast

I'd say two strokes require slightly less maintenance than four strokes. But neither really requires any more / less than the other. A two stroke can be easier to work on when it comes to the top end and things around the top end. But I wouldn't let that be a significant buying consideration.

As for being faster it all depends on the bike. Finding the correct bike for you is more important than finding a two or four stoke. Don't dismiss a two stoke because of how fast it is. There are some good, "slow" two stokes.

• Like 1

That's your opinion a 2 stroke is not too fast for trails If you know how to ride

.......isn't pretty much any dirt bike of the big 5 besides KTM a "rice burner"? Not everyone wants to ride a bike that's equivalent to the 70 hp. Volkswagen bus. He's a decent sized guy. He's bigger than me, and I ride a 450. A 250f Is actually only about 5 pounds heavier, but it is so much bike. I would find a crf 250 x or an r if you can't find one. Even a wr. Don't listen to this kid who is trying to get you to downgrade. Staying on a trail bike like that will ruin the sport for you.

• Like 1