Sign in to follow this  

California Fresno Area Riding - Getting Back After 6 Years Off

Hi

I'm new to the forum, have ridden before, blew out my knee, gave it up.  I don't know why, but after a six year break, I went to a KTM dealer and looked at a few bikes.  I came off a 450 EXC, but the 250/300 XCWs caught my eye, mainly because of less maintenance and some weight savings as well as price.  I was set on a 300, but there are big incentives on the 250 xcw's (like $1,500 less than the same year 300), so I figure I'll pick one up soon.  It should do the trick.  I had a 300 exc about 12 years ago, was a great bike, but have read good things about the 250 as well.  I'm a former B ish class rider, probably will be a bit slower when I pick it up again.

Anyhow, it's a bit too hot and dusty to ride right now, but when the time comes, I'll be looking for people to ride with. I used to ride alone alot, but a bit scary.  Looking for people that want to have fun, not egos or politics.  My type of riding is the "Deadman" type of trail at Miami Creek (tighter trails), a ride to the top of Shuteye Peak, etc.  Like technical stuff much more than flat out speed

Thanks,

Jeff

Edited by wwkayaker

It can't be too bit to ride the places your talking about. Will be doing the ride up to Shuteye in July the weekend of the SOTSNF Dual Sport ride :thumbsup:

I will ride with yall. :p @ McKay.

where have you been hiding? got a toy hauler now, just back from 3 days riding in mammoth

where have you been hiding? got a toy hauler now, just back from 3 days riding in mammoth

Its been hit and miss for me since the truck pooped out but im ready to ride again picked up a 300,got tired of the beast in the tight stuff,congrats on the hauler we should be ready to do some camping after summer.

Turkey day, Dove Springs! Does the 300 have a plate?

We were out at spangler for a week over T-Day that's when the truck pooped out,and no plate on the 300. :banghead:

It can't be too bit to ride the places your talking about. Will be doing the ride up to Shuteye in July the weekend of the SOTSNF Dual Sport ride :thumbsup:

I so need to figure out how to get out of here for a that Friday preride..:thinking:

We were out at spangler for a week over T-Day that's when the truck pooped out,and no plate on the 300. :banghead:

Spangler again for this T-Day...Bring the 500 and 300 for a CDA demo day...:smirk:

I so need to figure out how to get out of here for a that Friday preride.. :thinking:

Leave on Thursday. :facepalm:

Pick a day and let's go to KM

Edited by KennyMc

Leave on Thursday. :facepalm:

Pick a day and let's go to KM

Sounds easy doesn't it?  Still new on the job and need to get a vacation stock pile first.

I so need to figure out how to get out of here for a that Friday preride.. :thinking:

Spangler again for this T-Day...Bring the 500 and 300 for a CDA demo day... :smirk:

Jr and yourself are always welcome to the 500 T-Day 2014 was our next trip out,still saving for the truck to get fixed and all. :ride:

• Like 1

Jr and yourself are always welcome to the 500 T-Day 2014 was our next trip out,still saving for the truck to get fixed and all. :ride:

You have access to a plated bike?  The dualsport ride in July is pretty sweet....turtle :devil:

Bought the bike, but didn't bring it home....like any new KTM, it ran like crap, jetted horribly, bogged, dies, wouldn't idle, not my problem.  Been there before, so told dealer to fix before I take delivery. They are going to deliver to me once dialed in, pretty good service.

Bought the bike, but didn't bring it home....like any new KTM, it ran like crap, jetted horribly, bogged, dies, wouldn't idle, not my problem.  Been there before, so told dealer to fix before I take delivery. They are going to deliver to me once dialed in, pretty good service.

Thats funny.... 

Did that axle finally let go?

Id like to go if your going this T day, we are planning Dove but Spangler sounds good too.. Need to get time off so planning is good sooner rather than later for me.

BTW, Im looking for a CRF150F for my daughter if you hear of any around you stomping grounds......

:thumbsup:  Look forward to seeing you guys again.  As Turd Sniffer errr I mean Kenny MC said, find a plated scooter and ride the DS with us in July.

Did that axle finally let go?

Id like to go if your going this T day, we are planning Dove but Spangler sounds good too.. Need to get time off so planning is good sooner rather than later for me.

BTW, Im looking for a CRF150F for my daughter if you hear of any around you stomping grounds......

McKay - you are more than welcome to come hang with our dis-functional crew over T-Day in Spangler. We get a pretty nice size group of all ages, riding levels and have a pretty good time.

Nice - post some pics of it when you get it delivered to the stable.

:thumbsup:  Look forward to seeing you guys again.  As Turd Sniffer errr I mean Kenny MC said, find a plated scooter and ride the DS with us in July.

McKay - you are more than welcome to come hang with our dis-functional crew over T-Day in Spangler. We get a pretty nice size group of all ages, riding levels and have a pretty good time.

Sounds great! We have a 35 ft trailer, if you have room we will be there. Dates? and is there room for another family with trailer I travel with?

Nice - post some pics of it when you get it delivered to the stable.

Will do.  I had to jet my 300 from years ago, but this thing ran so crappy, dealer will need to adjust.  I'm sure I'll need to fine tune later...which will frustrate me enough to ride the hell out of it.  Or maybe not so much, getting older, don't want more knee surgeries and downtime!  We'll ride soon, I have a place at Bass Lake.