California Old but New (a short intro)

Hi everyone!

I used to ride dirt bikes when I was younger, I stopped right around 1996, when I discovered cars and other such cool things.  Now getting back into the swing of things, I am happy to introduce myself to you fine (maybe??) people.  I live in Orange County, just purchased a WR250F (2013), and am looking forward to hitting the dirt.  As for my profession I am a Linux Engineer, I have a plethora of other hobbies, photography, gardening, carnivorous plant propagation, I am still a fan of anime, love cars, computers, and women :D

I am typically easy going and look forward to learning as much as I can from you folks :D

Some pics of the bike for your time.

20140531_181722.jpg20140531_181730.jpg

Cause your intro sounded like a internet dating ad...  only thing missing was that you like walks on the beach and warm puppies... ?

Welcome back to riding...  we are always looking for new meat... 

Nice looking bike ?

? The sad part is that I partake in absolutely 0 internet dating... maybe I should hmmmmm... :devil:

Well it is a known fact that people project on others what they try to hide in themselves  ?

Thank you... I think I am hitting El Mirage this weekend with my little bro... maybe California City if they are enforcing the red sticker thing at El Mirage (getting mixed signals as to if they do or don't)

Thank you!

Forecast has been all over the map...  could be as high as 100F this weekend up here.  I live east of El Mirage out by Johnson Valley.  Dreading this weekends temps.  This is the time of year I start riding near sun up and rip home by 10am and hide from the heat.  ?

What were you riding before you gave it up ?

Forecast has been all over the map...  could be as high as 100F this weekend up here.  I live east of El Mirage out by Johnson Valley.  Dreading this weekends temps.  This is the time of year I start riding near sun up and rip home by 10am and hide from the heat.  ?

What were you riding before you gave it up ?

A little bit of heat is good for the body ?   I will brave just about anything to get my new toy out this weekend :D

I had a yz125 when I gave up, my little brother had a yz80 (we are yamanerds)

El Mirage is a bust rangers up your ass as soon as you park.

Thank you!

Won't waste my time with El Mirage until October then ?

California City here we come :D

Have fun out there . . . Cal City should be a good place to get back into the swing of things . . . you can get your Cal City Sticker at Borax Bills which is a pretty cool place to stage, as they have water, awnings, bathrooms, and most weekend some vendors around. 

Have fun. You will find the 450 to be a fun ride.

Too bad he got the 250 . . .?

Have fun out there . . . Cal City should be a good place to get back into the swing of things . . . you can get your Cal City Sticker at Borax Bills which is a pretty cool place to stage, as they have water, awnings, bathrooms, and most weekend some vendors around.

My bad. ...When I hear WR I automatically think 450.

cal city is 2 knarly

Is that the good gnarly or the bad gnarly?

My bad. ...When I hear WR I automatically think 450.

Have fun. You will find the 450 to be a fun ride.

450 is next, just need to get used to being on a bike and in the dirt again ?

crazy bad knarly i almost dieded 6.5 times last time i was out there

and we only road 5 miles !  :jawdrop:

Details would be awesome!  or a link if you have posted the story elsewhere :D

Me in my buddies will likely be putting together a ride out in Jaw Bone (Dove Springs) soon. You are welcome to join.  

Sounds like a plan, please keep me posted :D