Sign in to follow this  

California Hangtown track for beginners?

Although not a beginning rider, I am definitely a beginner when it comes to racing motocross.  My riding buddy is a beginner to it all....track, trail, desert....just got his first "big bike " (CRF450R) and is still getting comfortable on it.  My question is:  Would the Hangtown track be too much for motocross riders of our skill level?  We've been riding the practice track, and it's just become boring to be honest.  

We're not afraid of being blown out of the water and passed all day long, but don't want to get landed on by some hot shot who can triple the jumps that we take one at a time. 

Might not want to hit that as your first track experience. Go to Mmx. Sand track, argyll in dixon or Mammoth bar in Auburn. Get a little used to a track before u hit hangtown

Although not a beginning rider, I am definitely a beginner when it comes to racing motocross.  My riding buddy is a beginner to it all....track, trail, desert....just got his first "big bike " (CRF450R) and is still getting comfortable on it.  My question is:  Would the Hangtown track be too much for motocross riders of our skill level?  We've been riding the practice track, and it's just become boring to be honest.  

We're not afraid of being blown out of the water and passed all day long, but don't want to get landed on by some hot shot who can triple the jumps that we take one at a time. 

You will be fine there.  Stay to one side of the track if you are out there when the local hotshots are burning their laps.  A Loretta's qualifier is this weekend.  Next week the track will be packed I am sure due to all the work the Dirtdiggers have done for the Hangtown National.  Think tons of sand and rice hulls place should be tits. 

Don't overlook Argyll in Dixon they are very newbie friendly, great prep and a great track to get your mx on. They are open on Thursdays, Sat and Sun.  Hotline :  925 308-4814

:cheers: 

• Like 1