Sign in to follow this  

2015 details

Wow! 260mm front rotors on both bikes, map select switches too! Showa SFF forks on the 250.

Edited by Eddie8v

I was surprised how conservative they were with the additional H.P.. I'm guessing that trick head has a lot of potential with a few tweaks. They were smart to move the maps on the bars with a button as opposed to the plug ins. Now you can adjust as the track changes...awesome!!! Furthermore, with a better exhaust system, it should jump up to the green meenie's numbers. So, does anybody know if the KYB suspension have the lithe reservoir like the new Showa?

I'm ready to buy if it performs as well as I think it will.

Edited by corona52

Problem with the mapping changes is the bike has to be at a steady idle before you can swap a map... Switch-on-the-fly is what i'm after!

If I can have 3 maps with a flick of a switch, that is still way faster than having to hook up to my lap top (which I did not really mind, as it was an awesome feature to have so much adjustability, I just got tired of switching between my own maps, Map A offroad dry, Map B offroad wet and Map C track day).... I will take it!  Looks like my 2011 CRF450R may get replaced.

I like the new clutch cable routing, and more tucked in left side rad hose too.  Additional suspension adjustability is going to be fun to start tuning with.  This thing is like a works bike!

a step forward for sure. they have been doing some work at least. if there is one thing I don't care for on my 13', is the engine- it just doesn't get it imo. lets hope it gets even with the rest of the pack. I think the 3 step button is going to be a hit w/ the masses.

Problem with the mapping changes is the bike has to be at a steady idle before you can swap a map... Switch-on-the-fly is what i'm after!

How do you know that it has to be at idle? Have you read it somewhere?

So whats your estimation on hp gains on the 2015?..Will it gain alot?

It says 53 HP on Honda's website. I thought is was a really conservative number. I think the trick head has a lot of hidden horsepower 

rear shock has not the same travel (12.4 vs 12.5 for the 2014), they change every 2 years!

Edited by Makime

It says 53 HP on Honda's website. I thought is was a really conservative number. I think the trick head has a lot of hidden horsepower 

53 will still put it at the back end of the pack.

Whats the point of all these upgrades to still be last.

We know the motor has the ability to be up front, with money spent.

KTM and Yam are up around 60HP, Kaw is only a tick behind.

• Like 1

Great story in new MXA with the head guy for the Honda CRF's. A must read that helps the understanding of the CRF's and the direction it's going.

I just got the new MXA. There is an interview with the man in Japan who is behind the design philosophy of the CRF's. I wasn't impressed with what he had to say; furthermore, he seems more interested is his ideas than what the customer really wants. When you get a chance to read it, let me know what you think.