Apparently this is the 2015 yz250

yes I do about a gallon mixed with 4 works perfect for me. everybody has there own way. i read your posts and your very knowledgeable. im sure youll say not if you know how to jet or ride or something. but its just because you know so much that i dont. i always run more oil than normal the race fuel just makes things easy. never had any issues either.

Depends on the pump fuel you can get too. For lots of people, they can only get substandard fuel, so a mix with race fuel would be great. For others like myself, we have some really great 94 that is enough....

But like you stated before, you really don't need much to make a YZ competitive. They're great bikes that have a great reputation.

• Like 1

^^^So true!

I run race fuel because we have different summer and winter pump fuel formulas here locally, and I don't trust either formula not to detonate. Race fuel keeps the bike running consistently year-round.

The link below lists gas stations in SoCal where race fuel is available at the pump.

http://www.davebarton.com/Unleaded_Racing_Fuel_in_SoCal

Edited by KevinTwoStk
  • Like 1

I like all comments why fuel injection wont work. The etec has been on the market for 6 years in sleds, making an extra 10hp out of an 800cc engine over the carb turning 300rpm slower.

And they have o2 sensors that work just fine, we already have a throttle position sensor, no battery needed. Also a map sensor would be pointless on a 2 stroke.

So we need an injector, an oil tank and a few other electronics, maf, o2 sensor, còolant and iat sensors. Trade the carb for just a butterfly and how much weight have we added?

^^^So true!

I run race fuel because we have different summer and winter pump fuel formulas here locally, and I don't trust either formula not to detonate. Race fuel keeps the bike running consistently year-round.

The link below lists gas stations in SoCal where race fuel is available at the pump.

its cheaper for your bike to blow up than buy race fuel...

^^^So true!

Thanks for the link.  I live in Fullerton and one of those stations is close.

Do you jet any differently for race fuel?

Edited by Harold_in_So_Cal

Thanks for the link.  I live in Fullerton and one of those stations is close.

Do you jet any differently for race fuel?

Race fuel is more forgiving if you're jetted a little too lean, meaning you'll have less risk of detonation. It's actually easier to jet for race fuel.

I've run race fuel from Mark's 76 (corner of Gilbert and Commonwealth) almost exclusively. I bought race fuel from a station in Pasadena once as well.

I put over 30 hours on the bike before I tore down the top end. Everything was still in spec, but I installed a new piston, ring, wrist pin, and wrist pin bearing as a preventative measure. I put over 30 hours on the new top end and did another teardown. Again, everything was still in spec, so I just replaced the ring.

This is on a 2000 KX125. I'm posting in the Yamaha 2-stroke section because I recently got a 2003 YZ250 that I'll be building and riding as soon as funds allow.

I'm personally going to keep running race fuel. SoCal gas is designed to cut down emissions, not to prolong engine life. On top of that, the formula changes winter to summer which is likely to throw off jetting specs. I've gotten good life out of my motor with race fuel and the performance has been consistent. So for me race fuel is worth it. 

Edited by KevinTwoStk
  • Like 1

It's a 2011 YZ250.............F. Come on man. Check out those engine mounts to no where. And the extra return throttle cable.

I know, I know...that engine mount is pretty terrible.  This is what Vortex Ignitions thinks an '06-14 YZ250 looks like.

http://www.vortexcdi.com/model_product.php?product=1&model=47&mp_id=1362

I thought it was neat.

• Like 1

Sorry double post. But all the new '15 parts diagrams are all up on most of the oem parts sites. I don't know why all the new plastic's prices won't show up tho.

Prolly still making ton's of them and wondering how much "extra"to charge everyone for the "new look" lol.

Also noticed the subframe has a different part # 1ss-21190-00-00.

New airbox # 1ss-14401-00-00.

Right sidepanel # 1ss-21720-00-00

Left sidepanel # 1ss-21710-00-00

Edited by smez

I'm thinking that Yamaha doesn't want to sell the new plastics tell some of the new bikes sell. I'm still waiting for one, I was told at Loretta's they'll be in most dealers by Sept. They had a limited supply sent out in August. But the subframes numbers a ploy. It's the same subframe not a new one. You can tell by the diagram's number on the lower left corner. It hasn't been changed from 2014. The frame parts are all the exact same.

I am interested in seeing what there going to charge for the new stuff. The airbox will be the most expensive part and they charged about $67 for the '14 one.

I'm thinking that Yamaha doesn't want to sell the new plastics tell some of the new bikes sell. I'm still waiting for one, I was told at Loretta's they'll be in most dealers by Sept. They had a limited supply sent out in August. But the subframes numbers a ploy. It's the same subframe not a new one. You can tell by the diagram's number on the lower left corner. It hasn't been changed from 2014. The frame parts are all the exact same.

I am interested in seeing what there going to charge for the new stuff. The airbox will be the most expensive part and they charged about $67 for the '14 one.

Well spotted on the diagram number.the new bikes are advertised over here as arriving in early september.

This is what pisses me off about oem parts/price's in the uk,i emailed a yammy dealer about a month ago for the retail price of a 14 airbox so i could compare it with the price of the new one when it become's available and it was £105 or $175.that's nearly three times the price that you have to pay over there.

You can't even google a uk dealer/microfiche site and find a list of part #'s or price's in £'s either.you have to make a phone call or send an email to find out every single part price/number.just makes it much harder work all around and at thrice the price for good measure.

Lol! Looks like i may need to speak to my good man in the good ol usa and ask another favour?

Edited by smez

I thought the larger euro silencer was introduced universally in 2011?

According to http://motocrossactionmag.com/bike-tests/mxas-2013-yamaha-yz250-two-stroke-motocross-test-if-you-added-used-yz250-sales-to-new-bikes-sales-this-would-be-the-biggest-selling-bike-of-2013  MX action mag it was actually in 2010. Didn't know that though ?

• Like 1

Well spotted on the diagram number.the new bikes are advertised over here as arriving in early september.

This is what pisses me off about oem parts/price's in the uk,i emailed a yammy dealer about a month ago for the retail price of a 14 airbox so i could compare it with the price of the new one when it become's available and it was £105 or $175.that's nearly three times the price that you have to pay over there.

You can't even google a uk dealer/microfiche site and find a list of part #'s or price's in £'s either.you have to make a phone call or send an email to find out every single part price/number.just makes it much harder work all around and at thrice the price for good measure.

Lol! Looks like i may need to speak to my good man in the good ol usa and ask another favour?

Same thing in Canada. No prices on dealers websites, and you have to go into the shop and pay before they will order any parts. Parts are slow to show up and pricey and some of the counter people you deal with can not even tell the difference between a four and two stroke.

Luckily it is only a half hour drive to the US border so I just order online and have the parts shipped to a package place a few blocks across the border. (US dealers can not ship OEM parts outside the US)

• Like 1