Sign in to follow this  

Help, what year model is this? KX125

Hi all

A guy is selling this Kx125 for 450$. Its running and he says its a 2007 model. I googled the 2007 and by looking at the plastics (**Especially the back fin**) its not a 07.

Any ideas???

The 1993 is closest i get.

Ill check vin this afternoon when i go to look at bike. (I know about 10th digit)

And what do you guts think of this bike?

1401801173485.jpg

1401801190884.jpg

Hi all

A guy is selling this Kx125 for 450$. Its running and he says its a 2007 model. I googled the 2007 and by looking at the plastics (**Especially the back fin**) its not a 07.

Any ideas???

The 1993 is closest i get.

Ill check vin this afternoon when i go to look at bike. (I know about 10th digit)

And what do you guts think of this bike?

Just google the VIN...the year will come up ;)

Edited by Fattonz

2012 model!

Why dont you just ask the guy the 10th digit?

Ohh jeff , clearly you dont know south africans... ask to much question and they get spitefull

Just google the VIN...the year will come up ;)

I willl!! Lol.. im just a bit impatient

Wrong!!! Bwaaaaa.. guys friend posted the add wrong. Seller says its a 2002, but its actualy aaaaaa 2001. Thank you Kawasaki vin code year list. Seller tell me ill have to buy a new clutch cable at a later stage... and its cheap... hmmmmmm might he be hiding something? .. anyone?

Wrong!!! Bwaaaaa.. guys friend posted the add wrong. Seller says its a 2002, but its actualy aaaaaa 2001. Thank you Kawasaki vin code year list. Seller tell me ill have to buy a new clutch cable at a later stage... and its cheap... hmmmmmm might he be hiding something? .. anyone?

Based on what you've said, I would be having a VERY close look at the aft holestats.  Also might want to at least have him open up the sensing module so you can have a look while he's there with you ;)

Jip,from the frame. You see the tail thats funny.. previouse owner cut out that piece. Not buying it any more, got casings for my cr250. Jippy!

That's good because there is something fishy about that kx.  The swingarm is much beefier on an 01.  ALL the plastics are a completely different design.  The down tubes on the front of the frame are different on the '01 as well...  Something just doesn't add up.....and that's from like 20 seconds of comparison... 

Edited by Fattonz

It is a 1992 or 1993.

Kdcgarage, i feel you..something doesnt add up.. the guy bought it for 1100$. He then started dropping the price every week till now = 450$. Long story that he wants to go to another town and buy a new galaxy s4. He is very hard for the money and only wants cash. Bike sounds nice but think my cr250 is the better way to go. Too bad the kicka$$ stickers i have as my profile pic doesn't fit the 99 model (only 00 and 01) the 10th digit on frame was a 1

Yea that is TOTALLY a '92 or '93 no matter what the fool selling it says,  you'd be a bigger fool to believe them bike looks like a beat pile  that's about $400 worth of parts right there if you was to try and ebay and part if out.

I skipped this bike. Guy got very pushy for the monetly and lied almost about everything. He says he was a pro mx rider but diesnt wleven keep track of his riding hours, seriously. When i sad no thanks he started swearing at me. Darn prick. Just glad i didnt take it. He droped his price fron 1100 to 450. Why? Must be something wrong, he mentioned clutch cable needs to be replaced soon, might be more serious, ill rather stick to the Cr250

It looks just like a 99-01.

Did you even read and check the date of  the last response before you posted this one?

TimTee, on 26 Jan 2015 - 7:24 PM, said:

Did you even read and check the date of  the last response before you posted this one?

Well..  No I didn't - I never do....   What happened was I clicked on something below in Related Content, which I never do - also thread got moved to different forum.

For anyone who needs a clue, the blue USD forks were only on 2 model years, way back in the early 90's.