Sign in to follow this  

99 cr80r won't start

I have a 99 cr80 that ive been having trouble starting. I put a brand new piston kit on it and it has excellent compression and spark. Im using a br9eya plug. After the top end kit it would take several kicks with the choke on to start then rev really high then drop and bog when i got on the throttle to try and keep it going. The carb has been cleaned and the air screw is at 1.5 turns. Idle is at 2.5. The needle is set in the middle groove. I moved the clip up one groove on the needle and it got a little better. I moved it up another so it would be on the top notch and it sounded great. It would start after a few kicks and wouldn't bog when I got on the throttle. I took it down the road and in 5th gear it started bogging and died on me. Now it doesn't want to start at all. I checked the reeds and found that one was no good so I replaced them both. It still doesn't even sound like it wants to run.

Thanks for the help but I figured out the issue. I checked it for spark again and it didn't have any. I looked at the flywheel and the bolt was missing so it came off the shaft. I'm going to replace the bolt later today