Sign in to follow this  

Cracked exhaust bridge...repair or buy new cylinder?

So I sent my head and cylinder to Eric Gorr for base milling and head mod, but I got a call that my exhaust bridge was cracked. Should I have it repaired or buy new? How much does it cost to have it repaired approximately?

Thanks!

So I sent my head and cylinder to Eric Gorr for base milling and head mod, but I got a call that my exhaust bridge was cracked. Should I have it repaired or buy new? How much does it cost to have it repaired approximately?

Thanks!

Your cylinder is sitting at millennium technologies shop and they only told you the bridge was cracked and didn't give you a quote to fix it?  I would call them back and ask how much to repair, then price a new cylinder to see which is cheaper. 

Thanks!

ive had bridges welded. Works just fine. The shop i use in Canada charges an extra $75 for welding and $300 for new high quality plateing.

Id get it welded and big bored if Eric already has it. Youd likely get the weld, bigbore, porting and head work, piston and gaskets for a little more than the cost of a new jug.

• Like 1

Last year millenium charged me $262.00 to weld and replate my cylinder along with cutting the cylinder head. Also just a heads up if you have them do the work make sure they put the power valve spacer back in the cylinder for you.

• Like 2