it has been awhile!

Hello fellow pig owners! It has been far to long since I have posted in here or rode my bike.

I dumped my bike back in 2008 and tore up my shoulder. Anyway, I am ready to ride but my

bike needs some love and I am sure I am going to need some help and advice. I cant wait to get going!

:ride:

actually, it was 2009...... wrecked my bike and life happened. Regardless, it has been too long.

Took the carb off to clean it and my son decided to help me. The

slide fell out and bent the needle. ? the LMS wanted $52.00 for just the needle.  Do any of you know where to get a good

carb rebuild kit?

actually, it was 2009...... wrecked my bike and life happened. Regardless, it has been too long.

Took the carb off to clean it and my son decided to help me. The

slide fell out and bent the needle. ? the LMS wanted $52.00 for just the needle.  Do any of you know where to get a good

carb rebuild kit?

Wooo! Glad you're getting back into it.

If its just a needle you need I have the complete stock carb off my 93 600. what bike you got?

• Like 1

Thanks Noah! I have a '05 xr650l that is in terrible need of attention. I have been

window shopping on line looking for parts and the best deals. Now im going to change my wheel bearings

powder coat my rims and hubs. I think Im going to post up some before and after pictures. Any and all ideas, recommendations,

suggestions are welcome guys. Thank you.

Good to hear you are getting back at it.

Most of the carb rebuild kits available online for xrl's include the needle and run about $30 for the kit. Google xr650l carb needle kit and dozens of options pop up.

Black rims always look good but red is under-appreciated imo.

Thanks Bomber! Im leaning towards black rims and some shade of red for the hubs. I like the look of red anodized rims.

• Like 1

I have the original needle from my carburetor.  I installed a Factory Pro jet kit and it included a new needle with clips so that I can easily raise and lower it to adjust the midrange.

I'll be happy to send you mine if you'll PM me your address.

Wow! Thanks Scott! ?  Very appreciated! :ride:

Get  it running 1st, before you do the rims. Save the bling for latter, I'd rather be all go & no show! ?

I smell ya bork. I am replacing my wheel bearings, seals and getting new tires so i decided while they are off i might as well

get them powder coated.

I have the original needle from my carburetor.  I installed a Factory Pro jet kit and it included a new needle with clips so that I can easily raise and lower it to adjust the midrange.

I'll be happy to send you mine if you'll PM me your address.

I received the needle in the mail! Thank you kind sir! ?

Next we want to hear that you have the bike running and that it runs great.

I have the hubs getting powder coated candy apple red and rims black. Bearings and seals have been ordered. A shorai battery should be showing up any day. I disassembled and cleaned the carb with 5 cans of cleaner. Hopefully that's all it will take.  Replacing the stock

counter shaft sprocket with a 650r sprocket is next on the to do list.

• 1 month later...

The bike is running! Actually, I had it running a couple of weeks ago. Cleaned the carb, replaced the slide needle(A BIG THANK YOU ScottRnelson :cool:)

relocated my battery, nothing in the air box but an air filter! ? I trimmed a bunch of wires, replaced spark plug, replaced countershaft sprocket with a moose 650r 14t, replaced bearings and seals in both hubs, powder coated rims and hubs, new rubbers mounted and found out my CDI

has gone to spit. I changed the oil, adjusted the valves put on a new chain and took the big pig out for a ride! Dang, I have missed this thing!

Mr. Brain you should be expecting a package in the mail shortly. I will pm you details Monday morning.

Next on the want to do list is USD conversion and get rid of the stock floppy plastics, lights and speedo.

http://vid267.photobucket.com/albums/ii300/josheidi/bike_zps13efcc2d.mp4