Sign in to follow this  

Yfz450 not getting spark?!

Here's the story:

Guy had a yfz450 for sale pretty cheap. Said it wasn't getting spark. I started with the simple things like the kill switch and the coil and the CDI. I have a whole parts bike with a wiring harness that works for sure. So iv just been guessing and checkin with parts off that. Today I literally replace the whole wiring harness with every wiring aspect there is off of my parts bike onto the one I just bought, and still no spark. I put in a different stator also. I'm not for sure if it works but it doesn't look bad or burnt or anything. I really don't know what to do or where to go from here. And if your question is if there has been anything I haven't replaced, the answer is no because I replaced literally everything!! Any suggestions? Help would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like back to the basics, check kill switch - open, clutch switch - closed, main switch on.

I've seen kill switches shorted near the bar guards, even though the switch works it's shorted before the switch.

Odd one for sure! With all of your wiring and switches positioned properly, that leaves it's stator and pickup.