need a bike, need some thoughts

I am an intermediate rider looking for a dual sport bike, but not sure what is right given my constraints. I recently moved to NYC. There is ok riding in the surrounding areas but it takes some slabbing to get there..

I'd love something light that I can ride tight single track, do mud duty and very importantly sand, lots of deep soft sand, including dunes..

here's the kicker.

I also need to be able to ride on slab a good 90 minutes to get to the off-road rides. I dont have a truck and trailer, no hauling.

my preference is not have to do a lot of maintenance given i no longer have a garage, but i can do and am willing to do some stuff.

my orientation is mostly toward pure off road machines so Im sure I have been looking at bikes that are totally not practical for the slab portion of my ride.. figured I'd see if folks here could steer me in the right direction?

I have been looking at the wr250r, cr250L, te 449, ktm 690, ktm 500 exc, ktm 690

Edited by THSMafia

90 minutes on slab is a hike on anything smaller than a 450 and even that may need a gearing change. KTM 500 exc would be I would do...ok I would really do a Beta RS450. It still comes with a carb. I like my carb. Not sure how tough it would be to plate a WR but if it's not a pain in the ass that would be another fine option.

Edited by poconovfr

What do you think about the Husky TE 449 of 'berg 570? I found good deal on both, but am concerned it will burn the motor on a lot of slab.

thanks for the thoughts

Edited by THSMafia